NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb baseball team returns home on Thursday afternoon for a four-game homestand hosting Alabama A&M and Connecticut in nonconference action at Ken Dugan Field at Stephen L. Marsh Stadium.
Things the single game against Alabama A&M gets underway at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday as the two teams meet for the third time. The Huskies then come to the Music City for a three-game series starting on Friday night at 4 p.m. The series with UConn continues on Saturday at 2 p.m. before concluding on Sunday at 1 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early due to multiple events going on around the Lipscomb campus including the TSSAA Division II basketball championship.
To purchase tickets: login to http://www.LipscombTickets.com or call 615-966-HERD (4373)
|Sunny||Chance Showers||Mostly Cloudy||Chance Rain|
|High: 42°F||Low: 37°F||High: 57°F||High: 57°F|
Probable starting matchups:
Lipscomb – John Pryor (0-0, 6.00 ERA, 3.0 IP, 2 ER, 5 BB, 2 K)
Alabama A&M – Dakota Smith (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 3.2 IP, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K)
Lipscomb – Ian Martinez-McGraw (0-1, 4.20 ERA, 15 IP, 7 ER, 6 BB, 9 K)
Connecticut – Jordan Tabakman (0-1, 5.91 ERA, 10.2 IP, 7 ER, 5 BB, 11 K)
Lipscomb – Will Blalock (1-0, 3.72 ERA, 9.2 IP, 3 ER, 5 BB, 12 K)
Connecticut – Anthony Marzi (1-1, 2.79 ERA, 9.2 IP, 3 ER, 7 BB, 11 K)
Lipscomb – Denton Norman (0-1, 3.00 ERA, 9.0 IP, 3 ER, 5 BB, 7 K)
Connecticut – Brian Ward (1-1, 1.93 ERA, 9.1 IP, 2 ER, 7 BB, 8K)
- The Bisons and Bulldogs have met twice previously with the two schools splitting the series. Lipscomb won the initial meeting in 2011 via a 13-3 score before dropping a 6-4 decision last year to Alabama A&M.
- Lipscomb and Connecticut previously met during the 2005 and 2012 seasons. The Huskies made the trip to Nashville in 2005 that saw the Bisons take a 5-2 win. The two teams then met in Starkville, Miss. in 2012 at Mississippi State’s Dudy-Noble Field with UConn taking both contests.
- The Bisons head into the four-game set after a tough bottom of the ninth, 10-9 loss at Tennessee Tech on Tuesday night. Lipscomb pounded out 10 hits including home runs by Tyson Ashcraft and Mike Korte but it would not be enough to overcome 14 walks and 10 hits by the Golden Eagles.
- Ashcraft ranks tied for second in the Atlantic Sun with his three long balls in 2014. His .724 slugging percentage also has him among the best in the league coming in fourth.
- Junior centerfielder Jonathan Allison is in a three-way tie for the league lead in doubles with five two-baggers so far in 2014.
- Junior shortstop Grant Massey leads the A-Sun in walks having drawn 10 free passes, two more than fellow middle infielder Mike Korte, who sits in second with eight.