|April 04, 2014||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|East Tennessee State||0||0||2||0||0||0||5||0||0||7||11||0|
|Win: MARTINEZ-MCGRAW (5-1)||6.0||10||6||6||0||4|
|Loss: HUTCHISON (3-2)||4.1||12||8||8||3||4|
|April 05, 2014||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|East Tennessee State||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||1|
|Win: BROTHERS (1-1)||9.0||2||0||0||0||7|
|Loss: NESSELT (2-3)||5.1||9||5||5||3||3|
|April 06, 2014||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|East Tennessee State||0||2||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||3||7||1|
|Win: NORMAN (5-1)||9.0||7||3||3||0||7|
|Loss: McCANN (2-3)||4.0||8||5||5||0||2|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Following an eight-game road trip, the Lipscomb baseball team returns to the friendly confines of Ken Dugan Field to face ETSU in a three-game Atlantic Sun Conference set this weekend.
Lipscomb (18-12, 7-2 A-Sun) enter the series tied for second in the league standings after winning its first three A-Sun series. The Bisons traveled to Western Kentucky on Wednesday for a mid-week clash and came back to Nashville with a 3-2 loss. With the game tied in the eighth inning, the Hilltoppers plated the game-winning run on a Lipscomb wild pitch.
ETSU (14-14, 4-2 A-Sun) stands fourth in the A-Sun after taking two-of-three in series’ with Stetson and Northern Kentucky. The Bucs earned a 2-1 victory over a top 25 team on Tuesday, defeating the 25th ranked Tennessee Volunteers in Knoxville.
Lipscomb and ETSU have met 32 times in the series history, splitting 16-16. The Bucs swept Lipscomb last season in Johnson City, outscoring the Bisons 20-4 in the three-game set. The last time the Bucs visited Dugan Field, the Bisons swept in 2012.
ETSU has won eight of the last 12 games against Lipscomb, but are just 5-7 in Nashville.
Friday's first pitch is set for 6 p.m. Saturday's game is slated for 2 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m. Both Friday and Sunday's games will be aired on A-SunTV.
To purchase tickets for all games this weekend against ETSU visit http://www.LipscombTickets.comor call 615-966-HERD (4373).
Probable Weekend Rotation:
Lipscomb – JR – RHP – Ian Martinez-McGraw – (4-1, 4.53 ERA, 49.2 IP, 28 K, 26 BB)
ETSU – FR – RHP – Austin Hutchison – (3-1, 3.13 ERA, 20.0 IP, 10 K, 15 BB)
Lipscomb – RS-JR – RHP – Hunter Brothers – (0-1, 7.18 ERA, 26.1 IP, 17 K, 28 BB)
ETSU – JR – RHP – Jimmy Nesselt – (2-2, 3.99 ERA, 32.1 IP, 25 K, 10 BB)
Lipscomb – SO – RHP – Denton Norman – (4-1, 2.75 ERA, 39.1 IP, 20 K, 16 BB)
ETSU – FR – LHP –Jamin McCann – (2-2, 4.50 ERA, 22.1 IP, 12 K, 10 BB)
- The Bisons sit atop the Atlantic Sun Conference rankings in slugging percentage (.427), on-base percentage (.403), runs scored (228), RBIs (198), doubles (63), triples (13), total bases (432) and walks (172). On the mound, Lipscomb leads the league in opposing batting average (.240) and fewest hits allowed (231).
- Lipscomb ranked fourth in the nation entering the week in double plays having turned 35 pitcher’s best friends.
- Big innings have been a large part of the success for the team in 2014 so far. Five times this season the Bisons have posted seven or more runs in a frame. Lipscomb has also scored four or more runs in an inning 16 times so far.
- A number of players rank among the nation’s leaders including junior shortstop Grant Massey who is fourth nationally in walks (28) and 11th in runs scored (32). Massey also ranks among A-Sun’s leaders in multiple categories: tied for third in doubles (11) and stolen bases (9), fourth in on-base percentage (.462) and sixth in total bases (59).
- Senior outfielder Drew Adams is the nation’s fifth-best RBI man, knocking in 35 thus far on the year. In the A-Sun, Adams ranks tied for third in walks (22) and triples (3), seventh in total bases (54) and ninth in runs scored (24).
- Junior second baseman Mike Korte ranks second in the A-Sun in walks (23). Junior centerfielder Jonathan Allison is third in runs scored (28), tied for sixth in doubles (9) and tied for seventh in RBIs (22).
- Redshirt-freshman catcher Tyler Bethune leads the league in sacrifice bunts (7) and has played a key role in the Bisons success this season. Bethune is hitting a team-leading .356 at the dish. He is third on the team with a .426 on-base percentage.
- Drawing 161 free passes entering the week, the Bisons ranked fourth nationally trailing only Tennessee Tech, Dallas Baptist and Florida State. On Wednesday at Western Kentucky, Lipscomb received 11 free passes taking its total to 172.
- With 63 doubles on the season, the Bisons enterd the week tied for seventh in the nation with Georgia Southern and San Diego State.
- Lipscomb ranked sixth nationally coming into the week with 13 triples and seventh in runs scored, plating 226 on the year.
- With a doubleheader sweep against Oakland on March 8, Lipscomb skipper Jeff Forehand picked up career win No. 400.