|April 10, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: BAKER (4-2)||1.1||0||0||0||0||2|
|Loss: PRYOR (1-2)||2.2||2||1||1||2||2|
|April 11, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: BLALOCK (1-0)||1.0||1||0||0||0||0|
|Loss: VANSICKLE (0-1)||3.2||3||2||2||0||2|
|April 12, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: VAKA (2-0)||5.0||2||0||0||3||0|
|Loss: PRYOR (1-3)||5.0||5||3||3||0||3|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Coming off its biggest win in years, the Lipscomb baseball team will look to ride the momentum into the weekend when it plays host to North Florida in an Atlantic Sun Conference three-game series at Ken Dugan Field at Stephen L. Marsh Stadium. Friday's first pitch will be thrown at 6 p.m.
The Bisons (19-11, 1-2 A-Sun) walked into Hawkins Field on Tuesday and behind a strong outing from 6-foot-8 freshman Brady Puckett, took down No. 1 Vanderbilt. Redshirt senior Josh Lee had a big homecoming as the former Commodore knocked in all three Lipscomb runs, including a run-producing triple in the sixth inning.
Lipscomb will have a little shakeup in the rotation this weekend as freshman Jeffrey Passantino will get the nod on Saturday for his first-career start. The righty has made nine appearances out of the pen and in 19.2 innings pitched, he has struck out 29 batters.
Senior Jonathan Allison has carried the Bisons offense this season, hitting .384 from the plate. The outfielder leads the team in doubles (10), home runs (4), RBI’s (33) and walks (17).
Live stats will be available all weekend and Friday and Sunday’s game will be carried by video on A-SunTV.
Saturday's game is slated for a 2 p.m. start while the series finale will begin at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Scouting North Florida:
UNF (25-11, 4-2 A-Sun) enters the weekend riding a six-game win streak after taking a pair of victories over Bethune-Cookman and Florida A&M earlier this week.
Outfielder Donnie Dewees is the catalyst for a UNF offense that leads the conference hitting .304 as a group. The redshirt sophomore is in the midst of a banner year in which he leads the A-Sun in multiple categories: batting average (.402), runs scored (48), hits (58), RBI (45), home runs (10), total bases (105) and stolen bases (17).
North Florida leads the A-Sun in team ERA (3.94), batting average (.304), slugging percentage (.443), runs scored (272), RBI’s (245), home runs (29), and total bases (563).
Trent Higginbothem and Corbin Olmstead each have five home runs.
Weather at Game Time:
April 10th – 66 degrees – Partly cloudy (0%) Winds NW 6 MPH
April 11th – 70 degrees – Sunny (0%) Winds NNE 6 MPH
April 12th – 75 degrees – Mostly Sunny (0%) Winds SSE 8 MPH
Check with LipscombSports.com or follow @BisonBaseball on twitter for updates on the team or any time changes with the game.
Lipscomb – Ian Martinez-McGraw – RHP (4-2, 2.06 ERA, 48.0 IP, 18 R, 11 ER, 32 K, 19 BB)
North Florida – Evan Incinelli– RHP (3-2, 3.34 ERA, 29.2 IP, 14 R, 11 ER, 22 K, 7 BB)
Lipscomb – Jeffrey Passantino – RHP (0-0, 4.58 ERA, 19.2 IP, 10 R, 10 ER, 29 K, 7 BB)
North Florida – Tyler DuPont – LHP (4-1, 4.50 ERA, 46.0 IP, 24 R, 23 ER, 26 K, 10 BB)
Lipscomb – Denton Norman – RHP (3-3, 4.91 ERA, 36.2 IP, 20 R, 20 ER, 21 K, 10 BB)
North Florida – Matt Vaka – RHP (1-0, 2.05 ERA, 26.1 IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 10 K, 8 BB)
- The two teams have met 27 times in the NCAA era with the Ospreys holding a 17-10 advantage in the all-time series. UNF took the first two games of the series last year in Jacksonville 15-0 and 7-2. The Bisons battled back and avoided the sweep with a 5-2 win in Sunday’s finale.
- Grant Massey had an 0-for-3 night Tuesday at Vandy, thus ending his 17-game hit streak and his 20-game on-base streak.
- The Bisons have swung the bat well this year when it comes to extra-base hits. Their 13 triples rank 14th in the country, while their 59 doubles stand 59th.
- Lipscomb is second in the A-Sun and 21st nationally with a .977 fielding percentage. In 1,175 total chances, the Bisons have just 27 errors. Only three players have recorded multiple errors on the season.
- Jonathan Allison has been a consistent offensive threat for the Bisons at the plate this season and ranks in the top five in the A-Sun in numerous categories: batting average (3rd), on-base percentage (3rd), slugging percentage (4th), RBI (5th) and total bases (5th).
- His 33 RBI’s are the 34th most in the country.
- Allison was named A-Sun co-Player of the Week last Monday after helping lead Lipscomb to a 4-1 week with wins over Belmont, Middle Tennessee and Georgetown. The lefty finished the stretch 10-for-19 (.526) with nine RBI, a double and a home run. He also scored six runs, drew four walks and swiped four bags.
- The Bisons have shown some speed on the base paths this season, ranking second in the A-Sun and 37th in the nation having swiped 47 on the year.
- Lipscomb’s pitching staff carries a 4.11 ERA, but leads the A-Sun in hits allowed (258), runs allowed (147) and is second in opposing batting average (.264).
After the midweek tilt Lipscomb will host Murray State in the lone meeting of the year between the two teams on Tuesday April 14th. First pitch at Dugan Field will be thrown at 6 p.m.