|May 08, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Jordan (5-2)||9.0||8||1||1||0||5|
|Loss: MARTINEZ-MCGRAW (6-3)||6.0||8||5||5||2||4|
|May 09, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: PASSANTINO (3-1)||8.0||4||0||0||0||7|
|Loss: Wilson (8-5)||7.1||7||3||3||1||5|
|May 10, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Fagan (2-1)||2.0||2||2||2||1||0|
|Loss: ZIEGLER (0-3)||0.1||4||6||6||1||1|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb baseball team is set to host its final regular season home stand this weekend when Stetson invades Music City for a three-game Atlantic Sun Conference set at Ken Dugan Field at Stephen L. Marsh Stadium.
The series is scheduled to begin with a 6 p.m. first pitch Friday night. Saturday’s matchup is set for 2 p.m. while the series finale will begin at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
Lipscomb (31-15, 9-6 A-Sun) enters the weekend red hot of late, having won five straight and 10 of its last 12 games. Following a three-game sweep of Florida Gulf Coast over the weekend, the Bisons kept their momentum rolling with a thrilling come-from-behind victory over Western Kentucky on Tuesday.
Trailing by four runs entering the final frame, Lipscomb tied the game up with a 2-RBI single from Michael Gigliotti before Grant Massey delivered a walk-off bunt single.
Stetson comes to Nashville sporting a 24-26 record overall and an 8-7 mark in league play.
There will be live stats as well as video for the entire series. All three games will be broadcasted on ESPN3.
Ken Dugan Award:
In a brief on-the-field ceremony before Friday’s opener the Dugan family, joined by past award winners, will present the prestigious 2015 Ken Dugan Award to the selected winner in front of his teammates, coaching staff and fans in attendance.
Senior Grant Massey was the recipient in 2014.
Senior Day Festivities:
On the field at 10:45 a.m. Saturday before the teams begin their pre-game warmup, Lipscomb President Dr. L. Randolph Lowry III will present the graduating seniors with their diplomas. There will also be a brief “Senior Day” ceremony 30 minutes prior to Saturday’s first pitch to honor those seniors and their families.
Redshirt senior Josh Lee was the recipient of the 2015 James Byers Award. The award is the highest honor that an active Lipscomb athlete can receive and is given annually to the top senior female and male athletes who display outstanding Christian leadership and show academic and athletic excellence.
Also, redshirt senior Will Blalock was a recipient of the Most Inspirational Senior Athlete Award.
Both honors were voted on by members of the Lipscomb athletic department.
Lipscomb – Ian Martinez-McGraw – RHP (6-2, 2.05 ERA, 74.2 IP, 25 R, 17 ER, 45 K, 30 BB)
Stetson – Mitchell Jordan – RHP (4-2, 3.66 ERA, 51.1 IP, 25 R, 21 ER, 44 K, 13 BB)
Lipscomb – Jeffrey Passantino – RHP (2-1, 2.68 ERA, 47.0 IP, 15 R, 14 ER, 50 K, 13 BB)
Stetson – Brooks Wilson– RHP (8-4, 4.37 ERA, 70.0 IP, 37 R, 34 ER, 50 K, 22 BB)
Lipscomb – Brady Puckett – RHP (5-2, 5.75 ERA, 51.2 IP, 33 R, 30 ER, 33 K, 20 BB)
Stetson – Walker Sheller – RHP (2-8, 4.55 ERA, 55.1 IP, 40 R, 28 ER, 37 K, 18 BB)
Weather at Game Time:
May 8th – 87 degrees – Mostly Sunny (25%) Winds S 6 MPH
May 9th - 88 degrees – Partly Cloudy (20%) Winds SSW 8 MPH
May 10th – 91 degrees – Partly Cloudy (20%) Winds SSW 8 MPH
Check with LipscombSports.com or follow @BisonBaseball on twitter for updates on the team or any time changes with the game.
Around the Horn:
- Stetson has won five consecutive series over Lipscomb. The Bisons are just 2-13 over that span and have not taken a series against the Hatters since sweeping them in Nashville in 2009.
- At 69, Lipscomb’s RPI is the highest it has ever been in program history.
- Lipscomb skipper Jeff Forehand is two wins from getting his 450th career victory. He enters the game 448-413-1 in his 15th season as a head coach.
- Martinez-McGraw leads the league in ERA (2.05) and stands fifth in innings pitched (74.2). He is tied for second on the A-Sun active career leaders with 15 wins.
- Senior shortstop Grant Massey ranks among the A-Sun’s leaders in multiple categories: third in assists (148) and stolen bases (16), sixth in batting average (.350), ninth in hits (62), 11th in RBI (36) and 12th in on-base percentage (.409).
- The Bisons have been one of the top bunting teams in the country, ranking sixth nationally with 25 as a team. Freshman Michael Gigliotti is tops in the nation with 18 individually.
- Senior second baseman Mike Korte is 10th in the nation with 13 sacrifice bunts on the year.
- Lipscomb leads the conference and ranks 27th nationally with 74 stolen bases on the year. Massey leads the team with 16, while Gigliotti is second with 14 and Allison is third with 12. The Bisons are the only team in the A-Sun with three players with double digit swipes.
- Allison ranks sixth in the league with 44 runs driven in and ninth in doubles (13). His 27 walks are seventh, 12 stolen bases are eighth. He ranks 13th in on-base percentage (.407) and 12th in slugging percentage (.499).
- Gigliotti’s 41 runs scored are the fifth most in the A-Sun while his 62 hits are ninth most.
- Gigliotti and Allan Hooker each have three triples. That is fourth most in the conference and two shy from tying the school’s NCAA single-season record.
- Jason Ziegler stands third on the school’s NCAA-career saves list with nine. Nick Andros is tied for fifth with six.
- Andros is the league’s active career leader in win-loss percentage at .770. (10 wins – 3 losses)
Following the weekend series with Stetson, Lipscomb will host Austin Peay on Tuesday May, 12 at 6 p.m. for its final home game of 2015.