NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Wrapping up the 2015 nonconference slate, the Lipscomb baseball team is set to host Austin Peay Tuesday night at 6 p.m. at Ken Dugan Field at Stephen L. Marsh Stadium.
The Bisons and Governors have already met twice this season, with APSU winning 5-2 in Nashville on Feb. 27. Lipscomb went to Clarksville on April 21 came from behind to down the Govs 12-6 in 11 innings.
Lipscomb redshirt senior righty Will Blalock (4-0, 2.86 ERA) is scheduled to make his second career start on the mound Tuesday. The righty tossed six complete frames last week against Murray State. He gave up two runs on five hits with four strikeouts and two walks.
Blalock is set to throw against Austin Peay’s Zach Neff (0-0, 9.60 ERA), who will make his 11th start of the season for the Governors.
Lipscomb – Will Blalock – SR – RHP – (1-0, 2.63 ERA, 13.2 IP, 9 R, 4 ER, 8 K, 2 BB)
Austin Peay – Zach Neff – FR – LHP – (0-0, 9.60 ERA, 15.0 IP, 18 R, 16 ER, 16 K, 4 BB)
Weather at Game Time:
May 12th – 75 degrees – Mostly Cloudy (0%) Winds WNW 8 MPH
Check with LipscombSports.com or follow @BisonBaseball on twitter for updates on the team or any time changes with the game.
Around the Horn:
- APSU leads the all-time series 21-10.
- Lipscomb skipper Jeff Forehand is one win from getting his 450th career victory. He enters the game 449-415-1 in his 15th season as a head coach.
- The Bisons have been one of the top bunting teams in the country, ranking fifth nationally with 29 as a team. Freshman Michael Gigliotti is tops in the nation with 19 individually.
- Lipscomb ranks 12th nationally with a .978 fielding percentage.
- Senior second baseman Mike Korte is 15th in the nation with 13 sacrifice bunts on the year.
- Lipscomb leads the conference and ranks 35th nationally with 75 stolen bases on the year. Massey leads the team and ranks 3rd in the league with 16, while Gigliotti is second with 14 and Allison is third with 12. The Bisons are the only team in the A-Sun with three players with double digit swipes.
- Allison ranks sixth in the league with 45 runs driven in and 10th in doubles (13). His 27 walks are ninth, 12 stolen bases are eighth.
- Gigliotti’s 41 runs scored and 65 hits are the eighth most in the A-Sun.
- Gigliotti and Allan Hooker each have three triples. That is fourth most in the conference and two shy from tying the school’s NCAA single-season record.
- Jason Ziegler stands third on the school’s NCAA-career saves list with 10. Nick Andros is tied for fifth with six.
- Andros is the league’s active career leader in win-loss percentage at .770. (10 wins – 3 losses)
The Bisons will hit the road this weekend for the final games of the 2015 regular season when it travels to Northern Kentucky. Due to the A-Sun Tournament beginning next week, the series will be played Thursday-Saturday. The series opener is set for 2 p.m. CT.