NASHVILLE, Tenn. – After canceling Tuesday’s game at Tennessee due to inclement weather, the Lipscomb baseball team has since scheduled a Wednesday afternoon tilt with in-state foe Austin Peay. First pitch at Ken Dugan Field at Stephen L. Marsh Stadium is set for 2 p.m.
Live stats will be available for the game at: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=86150
To purchase tickets visithttp://www.LipscombTickets.com or call 615-966-HERD (4373)
Lipscomb: Jaesung (J) Hwang – RHP – (First Appearance)
Austin Peay: Alex Robles – RHP – (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 3.0 IP, 1 K, 0 BB)
- Austin Peay leads the all-time series with Lipscomb 19-7. The team split two games last season with the Bisons winning 14-6 at Clarksville Mar. 11. The Govs took a 6-3 decision on May 13 in Nashville.
- Hwang will look to make his first appearance since May 24, 2013 when he got the win over Florida Gulf Coast in the A-Sun Tournament. He went 7.2 innings, gave up five hits and one earned run with five strikeouts. He was sidelined all of 2014 after suffering a season-ending arm injury.
- Senior shortstop Grant Massey enters the game riding a 13-game hitting streak. He has also reached base safely in 19 straight. Both streaks date back to last season.
- Lipscomb leads the A-Sun in team ERA (3.25), hits allowed (37), runs allowed (20) and walks allowed (13).
- Individually Jonathan Allison leads the conference in batting (.500), while Michael Gigliotti (.467) and Adam Lee (.462) rank fifth and sixth, respectively.
- Allison also is tops in on-base percentage, .611.
- Lipscomb’s .404 on-base percentage ranks 2nd in the league.
- The Bisons are batting .291 as a team – 4th in the A-Sun.
The Bisons (3-1) return to the diamond this weekend when they host LaSalle for a three-game series. Game times are set for 4 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday at Ken Dugan Field at Stephen L. Marsh Stadium.