|March 06, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Guilbeau (2-1)||8.0||6||1||1||3||6|
|Loss: MARTINEZ-MCGRAW (2-1)||6.0||1||3||1||6||6|
|March 07, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: ANDROS (1-0)||7.0||6||2||2||1||7|
|Loss: Carter (1-1)||5.0||5||4||4||2||4|
|March 08, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Bramblett (2-1)||6.0||1||0||0||2||5|
|Loss: NORMAN (1-1)||4.0||5||3||3||2||2|
MOBILE, Ala. – After picking up its seventh win of the season on Tuesday, the Lipscomb baseball team looks to keep rolling this weekend as the Bisons take on the Crimson Tide of the University of Alabama in a three-game series at Hank Aaron Stadium.
Friday and Saturday’s start time is slated for 7:05 p.m., while Sunday’s first pitch will be at 2:05 p.m.
The two schools have met just two previous times, with the Tide winning both. In 2006 Alabama claimed a 15-2 victory before defeating the Bisons 8-4 in 2008.
Lipscomb (7-2) is on a four-game winning streak after sweeping La Salle last weekend and downing Tennessee Tech 7-1 on Tuesday. The hot start to the 2015 season ties the program’s best mark though the first nine games in the NCAA era. The Bisons also started 7-2 in 2005.
This marks the first road series of the season for the Bisons. The Purple and Gold have played just one game away from “Music City”, falling to Tennessee Feb. 20 in Emerson, Georgia.
Click HERE for live stats this weekend.
The Crimson Tide (7-5) enters the series losers of their last three games. After picking up a win in the series opener Louisiana-Lafayette, Bama fell 6-5, 14-2 to the Ragin’ Cajuns and then dropped a midweek game with arch-rival Auburn on Tuesday, 5-3 in the MAX Capital Classic.
Alabama leads the nation and the Southeastern Conference in doubles (34), including 10 from Casey Hughston. The sophomore leads the SEC in batting average (.556), hits (26), doubles, total bases (46) and slugging percentage (.978), while tying for second in the league in RBI (19).
Alabama is also receiving a strong offensive effort from Mikey White. The junior shortstop ranks second in the conference in runs scored (17), while leading Alabama in that category. He also leads the team with a career-high four triples, while ranking second on the 2015 squad in average (.378), hits (17) and doubles (5).
Lipscomb: Ian Martinez-McGraw – RHP (2-0, 0.53 ERA, 17.0 IP, 9 K, 6 BB)
Alabama: Taylor Guilbeau – LHP (1-1, 3.32 ERA, 19.0 IP, 22 K, 5 BB)
Lipscomb: Nick Andros – LHP (0-0, 5.19 ERA, 8.2 IP, 7 K, 4 BB)
Alabama: Will Carter – RHP (1-0, 3.45 ERA, 15.2 IP, 9 K, 8 BB)
Lipscomb: Denton Norman – RHP (1-0, 7.00 ERA, 9.0 IP, 7 K, 5 BB)
Alabama: Geoffrey Bramblett – RHP (2-1, 4.41 ERA, 16.1 IP, 11 K, 6 BB)
Friday: (March 6) – 55 High, 36 Low – Sunshine and clouds mixed (0 percent).
Saturday: (March 7) – 65 High, 44 Low – Times of sun and clouds (0 percent)
Sunday: (March 8) – 67 High, 49 Low – Considerable cloudiness (10 percent)
Check with LipscombSports.com or follow @BisonBaseball on twitter for updates on the team or any time changes with the game.
- Scoring runs have been a big part of the success early on this season ranking 41st in the national in scoring (7.0 rpg). In all seven wins the Bisons have scored at least seven runs.
- Lipscomb has 11-plus hits in six of its nine games this season.
- Grant Massey enters Friday riding an 18-game hitting streak
- He is also currently tied for 15th in the country with a 24-game on-base streak.
- Massey was named Atlantic Sun Preseason Defensive Player of the Year. He owns a perfect fielding percentage in 50 chances (12 po, 38 a).
- Ian Martinez-McGraw started the season without allowing an earned run in his first 12 innings pitched before surrendering one in the second inning last Friday against La Salle.
- He carries the lowest ERA in the A-Sun and the 51st lowest in the nation - 0.53 ERA.
- The Bisons rank in the top 50 nationally in multiple categories: doubles per game - 2.33 (16th), slugging perecentage - .455 (18th), triples - 5 (21st), on-base percentage - .407 (22nd), batting average - .310 (25th) and fielding percentage - .976 (40th).
- Jonathan Allison ranks third in the league and 53rd nationlly drawing 10 walks. He leads the team and the A-Sun in on-base percentage at .537.
- Lipscomb enters the weekend 13-42 overall against SEC foes in its NCAA era and losers of 16 straight. The last win came against Kentucky in 2008.
Lipscomb travels to Cookeville to take on Tennessee Tech on Tuesday March 10 at 3 p.m.