|March 11, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: MALONEY (1-0)||2.0||0||0||0||1||2|
|Loss: MOORE (1-1)||0.2||2||2||1||0||1|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Fresh off its road series with Alabama, the Lipscomb baseball team returns to action Tuesday at Tennessee Tech for a 3 p.m. tilt at Bush Stadium at Averitt Express Baseball Complex in Cookeville.
The Bisons (8-4) hosted the Golden Eagles (6-7) last week in a rain-soaked that game Lipscomb won 7-1 behind the arm of pitcher Jaesung Hwang.
The redshirt junior gave up an early home run in the second but quickly settled down to sit Tech down in order six times. Hwang tossed seven frames and gave up the lone run on four hits. He struck out a career-high tying seven batters and did not issue a walk.
Tennessee Tech opened up conference play this past weekend and dropped 2-of-3 to Morehead State.
Chase Chambers (.357) leads a group of four Golden Eagles batting over .300. Eight of Tech's players have five-plus RBIs this season, led by Dylan Bosheers and Ryan Flick’s 15 apiece.
Lipscomb – Jaesung (J) Hwang – RHP – (1-0, 2.25 ERA, 12.0 IP, 10 K, 3 BB, 3 ER)
Tennessee Tech – Jacob Honea - RHP - (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 2.0 IP, 1 K, 2 BB, 0 ER)
Tuesday’s Forecast (March 10) – 64 Degrees – Rain (85%). Check with LipscombSports.com or follow @BisonBaseball on twitter for updates on the team or any time changes with the game.
No radio broadcast will be available Tuesday, but live stats will be provided. Click HERE for the link.
- The two teams have met 21 times in the NCAA era with the Golden Eagles holding a 14-7 advantage in the all-time series. Lipscomb downed Tech 7-1 last Tuesday in Nashville.
- The Bisons sit atop the Atlantic Sun Conference rankings in triples (5), fewest strikeouts (81), fewest hits allowed (101), fewest runs allowed (49 R, 36 ER) and ERA (3.06).
- Lipscomb has thrown out 9-of-17 base stealers for a .529 runners caught stealing percentage. Both are tops in the league.
- Michael Gigliotti ranks third in the A-Sun in batting average (.408). Jonathan Allison is sixth (.390).
- Allison leads the conference with a .528 on-base percentage thanks to his 11 walks on the year.
- Allison and Josh Lee are tied for seventh with five doubles this season.
- Nick Andros was named A-Sun Pitcher of the Week for his performance on Saturday. It’s the second honor in four weeks for Lipscomb’s pitchers. Ian Martinez-McGraw earned the honor in week one.
Lipscomb returns home this weekend for a three-game set with Quinnipiac. Friday’s first pitch is set for 4 p.m., while Saturday and Sunday will start at 2 p.m. and 1 p.m., respectively.