|March 14, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: ANDROS (2-0)||6.0||6||4||4||2||3|
|Loss: Hitt (0-1)||5.0||8||8||8||1||3|
|March 15, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: NORMAN (2-1)||8.0||5||1||1||0||7|
|Loss: Scaglione (0-3)||6.0||7||3||3||1||4|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Coming off of its longest road swing of the season the Lipscomb baseball team returns home to Ken Dugan Field at Stephen L. Marsh stadium to host first-time foe Quinnipiac in a three-game series beginning on Friday.
First pitch on Friday is set for 4 p.m.., while Saturday and Sunday is slated to start at 2 p.m. and 1 p.m. respectively.
Lipscomb (8-5) is currently riding a two-game losing streak after dropping Tuesday’s affair at Tennessee Tech 12-8.
The Bisons will be glad to be back in Music City as they are 7-1 at home this season and have swept both weekend series at Dugan Field to start the season.
The Bobcats (2-8) will end their week-long spring break Nashville tour this weekend at Lipscomb. They kicked off the trip with four games at Rose Park against Bradley and Belmont, before visiting Vanderbilt for two games on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Quinnipiac enters the series losers of its last seven games.
The Bobcats are hitting as a team at a .215 clip and they have an on-base percentage of .331.
Mike Palladino leads the team with a .295 batting average, 13 hits and five doubles. He also is tied for the team lead with five RBI.
Vincent Guglietti has been the top run scorer on the team crossing the plate nine times.
As a team Quinnipiac knows how to get on base by being patient at the plate. It has drawn 46 walks on the year and is led by Scott Donaghue and Dale Long’s six each.
Lipscomb: Ian Martinez-McGraw – RHP (2-1, 0.78 ERA, 23.0 IP, 2 ER, 15 K, 12 BB)
Quinnipiac: Thomas Jankins– RHP (1-1, 5.25 ERA, 12.0 IP, 7 ER, 3 K, 4 BB)
Lipscomb: Nick Andros – LHP (1-0, 4.02 ERA, 15.2 IP, 7 ER, 14 K, 5 BB)
Quinnipiac: Robbie Hitt – RHP (0-0, 2.92 ERA, 12.1 IP, 4 ER, 8 K, 4 BB)
Lipscomb: Denton Norman – RHP (1-1, 6.92 ERA, 13.0 IP, 10 ER, 9 K, 7 BB)
Quinnipiac: Joseph Scaglione – RHP (0-2, 15.75 ERA, 4.0 IP, 7 ER, 3 K, 9 BB)
Friday: (March 13) – 59 High, 55 Low – Rain (90%)
Saturday: (March 14) – 68 High, 46 Low – Rain (70%)
Sunday: (March 15) – 69 High, 41 Low – Mostly Sunny (10%)
Check with LipscombSports.com or follow @BisonBaseball on twitter for updates on the team or any time changes with the game.
- Scoring runs have been a big part of the success early on this season ranking 86th in the national in scoring (6.1 rpg). In all eight wins the Bisons have scored at least seven runs.
- Lipscomb has 10-plus hits in seven games this season.
- Grant Massey was named Atlantic Sun Preseason Defensive Player of the Year. He owns a perfect fielding percentage in 50 chances (16 putouts, 64 assists).
- Ian Martinez-McGraw carries the lowest ERA in the Atlantic Sun at 0.78. That is the 32nd best in the country.
- The Bisons lead the A-Sun in ERA (3.55), runs allowed (61) and hits allowed (109). They rank second in on-base percentage (.381), stolen bases (20) and triples (5) and third in batting average (.281) and slugging percentage (.412),
- Jonathan Allison leads the league and ranks 60th nationally with a .517 on-base percentage.
- Michael Gigliotti ranks third in the conference in batting average at .396. Allison is fifth at .391.
- Jeffrey Crisan leads the league in runners caught stealing – 5.
After this weekend’s three-game series, Lipscomb will travel to Bowling Green to face Western Kentucky on Tuesday, Mar. 17. First pitch will be thrown at 6 p.m.