COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb baseball team continues midweek action Tuesday when it makes the short trek to Cookeville to face the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles at Bush Stadium at the Averitt Express Baseball Complex. First pitch is slated for 3 p.m.
The Bisons (9-3) are fresh off a three-game sweep of Alabama A&M, a series that saw them run wide open on the base paths, swiping 15 stolen bases and scoring 29 runs.
TTU (5-5) enters play going 1-2 against Miami-Ohio over the weekend. Miami took the first two games of the series before Tech claimed a 10-6 decision Sunday.
Live Stats will be available.
Lipscomb – RHP – Adam Stewart – (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 6.0 IP, 0 ER, 9 K, 3 BB)
TTU- RHP – Trevor Maloney – (0-2, 9.53 ERA, 5.2 IP, 6 ER, 6 K, 7 BB)
Around the Horn:
- The Bisons are sixth in the nation with 70 walks drawn.
- The team’s .411 on-base percentage is the 29th best in the country.
- Lipscomb has proved to be one of the most lethal base running teams across the NCAA, ranking third with 29 swipes. That is 16 more than the second most in the A-Sun.
- The pitching staff’s strikeout-to-walk ratio of 3.83 ranks 10th nationally, while the walks allowed per nine innings is 15th (2.46).
- Lee Solomon leads the A-Sun and ranks 26th in the country with 12 free passes. Allan Hooker is 43rd with 11.
- Michael Gigliotti enters the game with a 44-game on-base streak.
- Gigliotti’s 17 runs scored are the ninth most in the NCAA, while his 20 hits are 34th His eight stolen bases rank 13th.
- Hunter Hanks’ four sacrifice bunts rank seventh nationally, while Adam Lee’s four sac flies are fifth.
- Dalton Curtis leads the A-Sun and ranks seventh in the country with four saves.
The Bisons travel to Athens, Georgia to take on the University of Georgia in a three-game set this weekend. Friday’s first pitch is scheduled for 5 p.m.