|March 11, 2016||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||R||H||E|
|Win: Tucker (2-1)||2.0||0||0||0||0||3|
|Loss: GIBSON (0-2)||0.2||0||1||1||1||0|
|March 12, 2016||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Brown (2-1)||1.0||1||0||0||0||2|
|Loss: PASSANTINO (3-1)||8.2||5||1||1||2||2|
|March 13, 2016||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Jones (3-0)||6.0||2||0||0||3||8|
|Loss: PUCKETT (3-1)||5.0||7||5||4||4||2|
ATHENS, Ga. – The Lipscomb baseball team travels to SEC country this weekend to take on the Bulldogs of Georgia in a three-game series at Foley Field. Friday’s tilt is set to get underway at 5:05 p.m.
Saturday’s game is set to start at 1:05 p.m. and Sunday’s finale will have a 12:05 p.m. first pitch.
Lipscomb (9-4) is coming off a disappointing 14-11 loss at Tennessee Tech earlier in the week. The Bisons struggled to get things going offensively, but somehow found a way to take a two-run lead in the eighth. However, the Bisons surrendered a six-spot to Tech to put the game out of reach.
UGA (9-5) enters the weekend after splitting a pair of games with Charlotte. It is batting .247 on the year and the staff carries a 3.66 ERA.
The Bulldogs are led at the plate by junior Skyler Weber. He is raking at a .367 clip with 22 hits in 60 at-bats. He leads the team with 11 runs scored and is tied for tops on the squad with four stolen bases.
Keegan McGovern seems to be the top power hitter with three home runs and a team-high 14 RBI. UGA is 7-4 at home on the year.
Lipscomb – LHP – Cody Glenn (1-0, 5.27 ERA, 13.2 IP, 8 ER, 10 K, 4 BB)
Georgia – RHP – Robert Tyler (1-1, 1.59 ERA, 17.0 IP, 3 ER, 28 K, 3 BB)
Lipscomb – RHP – Jeffrey Passantino (3-0, 2.89 ERA, 18.2 IP, 6 ER, 20 K, 1 BB)
Georgia – LHP – Connor Jones (2-0, 4.50 ERA, 14.0 IP, 7 ER, 15 K, 9 BB)
Lipscomb – RHP – Brady Puckett (3-0, 1.71 ERA, 21.0 IP, 4 ER, 20 K, 1 BB)
Georgia – RHP – Heath Holder (0-1, 3.07 ERA, 14.2 IP, 5 ER, 14 K, 8 BB)
Around the Herd:
- The Bisons and Bulldogs last met in the 2008 NCAA Regional in Athens, Lipscomb’s first-ever NCAA tournament appearance. The Bisons knocked off the No. 1 Bulldogs 10-7 in the opener, before falling 14-3 two days later.
- The team’s 80 walks are the third-most in the nation and 32 more than any other team in the Atlantic Sun.
- With the Bisons ability to get on base, they sport a No. 22 ranking nationally with a .416 on-base percentage.
- Lipscomb is just as dangerous when it gets on the base paths, swiping a league-leading 29 bags. That is good enough for third in the NCAA.
- Lee Solomon (14), Adam Lee (12) and Allan Hooker (11) are the top three in the A-Sun in base on balls. Michael Gigliotti is tied for seventh with nine.
- Gigliotti (8), Solomon (7) and Hooker (6) are the top base-stealing trio in the league.
- Gigliotti brings a 45-game on –base streak into the weekend.
- Junior reliever Dalton Curtis leads the A-Sun and ranks eighth nationally with four saves.
- Sophomores Brady Puckett and Jeffrey Passantino stand fifth across the country with a 20.00 strikeout-to-walk ratio. They each are tied for third with three victories.
The Bisons return to Dugan Field for a midweek contest with Eastern Illinois on Tuesday, March 15 at 4 p.m.