|March 22, 2016||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: KRZEMINSKI (2-1)||3.0||2||1||1||1||0|
|Loss: PRYOR (1-1)||2.2||5||6||6||2||1|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb baseball team returns to the diamond Tuesday when it makes the three-mile trek up Granny White Pike to take on Belmont in the first of two meetings this season. First pitch is set to be thrown at 5 p.m.
The Bisons (12-8) are fresh off a series win over Eastern Michigan after taking the final two games of the series.
Jeffrey Passantino and Brady Puckett each picked up their fourth wins of the season. Passantino struck out a career-high 10 batters in the win Saturday, before Puckett followed it up with his third complete game of his career to earn Atlantic Sun Conference Co-Pitcher of the Week.
Senior Adam Lee has been on a tear lately, as the first baseman has his batting average up to .365. He was 8-of-14 at the plate this past week. He drove in 10 RBI, scored eight runs, hit three doubles, drew three walks and launched his second home run of the season. He also swiped his fifth bag of the year.
There will be live stats HERE.
The Bruins were picked to finish fifth in the Ohio Valley Conference Preseason Poll. They enter the tilt 11-8 overall and winners in five of its last six games after taking two of three from Eastern Kentucky this past weekend.
The Bruins are much like Lipscomb in that when it gets on base, they will run. BU has 43 stolen bases on the year, ranking fifth in the nation. Lipscomb is tied for seventh with 42.
Belmont is led offensively by Chas Hadden, who is batting .405 with 17 hits in 42 at-bats. With a team-best 21 walks on the year, Hadden is tops in the NCAA with a .609 on-base percentage. He has reached in every game he has played on the year.
Brennan Washington (.392) paces the team with 21 runs scored and nine stolen bases.
Alex Ward (.373), Kyle Conger (.333) and Rafael Bournigal (.302) are the other Bruins batting over .300 on the season.
The pitching staff sports a 7.14 ERA having given up 138 earned runs in 174 innings of play. Combined, they have recorded 165 strike outs to just 72 walks.
Bruin starter Austin Krzeminski brings a 1-1 mark and a 7.71 ERA to the mound Tuesday. He has 15 punch outs and nine walks in 16.1 frames.
Lipscomb – LHP – John Pryor: (0-1, 7.20 ERA, 20.0 IP, 16 ER, 26 K, 7 BB)
Belmont – RHP – Austin Krzeminski: (1-1, 7.71 ERA, 16.1 IP, 14 ER, 15 K, 9 BB)
Around the Herd:
- In the Division I era, Belmont leads the all-time series 27-18. The two teams split the meetings in 2015, with each school winning on their home turf, respectively.
- Lipscomb ranks third in the nation and first in the A-Sun with 119 walks.
- The Bisons .404 on-base percentage is 25th across the country.
- The team’s 42 stolen bases are seventh-most in the NCAA. That is eight more than any other team in the A-Sun.
- Adam Lee is third in the A-Sun and 13th in the NCAA with 28 RBI on the year.
- Joh Pryor’s 11.70 strikeouts per nine innings stand 38 nationally.
- Michael Gigliotti ranks second in the A-Sun in runs scored with 22, just three behind the leader.
- Allan Hooker’s seven doubles are the third most in the league. Von Watson is tied for fifth with six.
- Lee (18) and Lee Solomon (17) are second and third in the A-Sun in walks. Allan Hooker is fifth with 15.
- Gigliotti and Solomon are tied for the league’s lead with 11 stolen bases. Hooker is fourth with six.
- Lee leads the A-Sun in total fielding chances (143) and putouts (137).
The Bisons will host Mississippi Valley State in a three-game series this weekend in the Music City at Dugan Field. With Easter being this weekend, the set is scheduled to get under way at 6 p.m. Thursday, before closing the set with 4 p.m. and 1 p.m. tilts on Friday and Saturday.