NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Wrapping up the 2016 home slate, the Lipscomb baseball team is set to host Austin Peay Tuesday night at 6 p.m. at Ken Dugan Field at Stephen L. Marsh Stadium.
The Bisons and Governors have already met once this season, with APSU winning 11-8 in Clarksville on April 19.
Lipscomb freshman righty Adam Stewart (4-2, 7.88 ERA) is scheduled to make his seventh career start on the mound. The righty tossed a career best 6.1 frames last week against Tennessee Tech. He gave up two runs on nine hits with six strikeouts and two walks.
The Bisons (26-25) are coming off a series loss to Florida Gulf Coast where they took the opener, 5-4, behind a walk-off 2-run home run from senior first baseman Adam Lee. The final two games saw FGCU take leads early while holding the Bisons at bat en route to two victories.
There will be live stats available for the game, but no video stream.
Scouting Austin Peay:
The Governors enter the Tuesday tilt 27-18 overall and 17-9 in league play after having to vacate four OVC victories on Monday due to the playing of an academically ineligible player.
APSU has won its last three games after sweeping SIUE in three contests last weekend.
Logan Gray paces the Govs with a .366 clip at the dish in 35 games this season. He has 11 home runs, 34 RBI, 38 runs and 11 doubles.
Five other players are batting over .300 for the Governors.
The pitching staff sports a 6.21 ERA with 298 earned runs in 432 innings of play. They have struck out 361, walked 173 and are allowing opponents to bat .294.
A starter is to be determined for Tuesday for Austin Peay.
Lipscomb – RHP- Adam Stewart: (4-2, 7.88 ERA, 37.2 IP, 33 ER, 31 K, 16 BB)
Austin Peay - TBD
Around the Horn:
- The Bisons are 24-7 at home this season and 2-16 on the road.
- The Bisons have been deadly on the base paths for the second year in a row, swiping a league-high 87 bases, 11th best in the NCAA.
- Lipscomb has drawn 250 walks as a team, tops in the A-Sun and 17th most in the NCAA, contributing to its .391 OBP.
- Adam Lee, the school’s all-time walks leader, ranks 42nd nationally and first in the league with 38 free passes this season. Lee Solomon is second in the ASUN with 36.
- Solomon has 25 stolen bases on the year, tops in the conference and tied for 23rd most in the nation. Adam Lee is third in the league with 18.
- Adam Lee is second the ASUN having driven in 56 runs on the year.
- Solomon (47), Michael Gigliotti (46) and Adam Lee (45) represent three of the top five run scorers in the league.
- Solomon leads the team with 18 multiple-hit games this season after picking up three against FGCU. Adam Lee is tops with 14 multiple-RBI tilts.
- Chucky Vazquez boasts a team best 6-game hit streak and a 14-game on-base streak entering Tuesday.
Lipscomb hits the road for is final three games of the regular season this weekend as it travels to DeLand, Florida to take on Stetson. The series opener will get under way Thursday May 19 at 5:30 p.m.
The Bisons and Stetson, along with FGCU, enter the final weekend of play in a three-way tie for fourth place in the conference.