|May 19, 2016||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||R||H||E|
|Win: HWANG (3-1)||2.1||0||0||0||2||2|
|Loss: SHELLER (2-3)||1.1||3||1||0||1||0|
|May 20, 2016||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: PASSANTINO (6-4)||7.0||4||1||1||0||5|
|Loss: SCHALY (1-6)||3.1||6||7||5||2||4|
|May 21, 2016||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: KEMP (3-2)||6.0||2||0||0||2||2|
|Loss: ONYSHKO (2-1)||2.1||3||2||1||2||3|
DELAND, Fla. – The Lipscomb baseball team is set to tangle with Stetson this weekend in a three-game set at Melching Field. It is the final games of the regular season for both teams.
Thursday’s first pitch is set for 5:30 p.m. between the Bisons (27-25, 9-9 ASUN) and the Hatters (25-26, 9-9 ASUN). The series continues on Friday at 5:30 p.m. before wrapping up on Saturday at noon.
Lipscomb will be looking to right the ship after dropping its last two conference contests to Florida Gulf Coast last weekend. The Bisons did pick up a potential momentum-building win Tuesday night with a come-from-behind 8-7 victory over Austin Peay after scoring four runs in the bottom of the ninth.
Stetson has dropped three of its last four games, including two in a series loss to ASUN leader Kennesaw State last weekend.
Lipscomb, Stetson and FGCU enter the last weekend of play all with identical marks in conference play, but the Eagles hold the tiebreaker over both the Bisons and Hatters.
The trio of teams are jockeying for the No. 4-6 seeds in next week’s ASUN Championship at Dugan Field.
Lipscomb – Brady Puckett – RHP (8-2, 2.84 ERA, 95.0 IP, 30 ER, 88 K, 18 BB)
Stetson – Mitchell Jordan – RHP (5-5, 4.21 ERA, 62.0 IP, 29 ER, 65 K, 24 BB)
Lipscomb – Jeffrey Passantino – RHP (5-4, 3.87 ERA, 81.1 IP, 35 ER, 71 K, 11 BB)
Stetson – Adam Schaly– LHP (1-5, 4.87 ERA, 40.2 IP, 22 ER, 34 K, 6 BB)
Lipscomb – Kyle Kemp – RHP (2-2, 6.18 ERA, 27.2 IP, 19 ER, 21 K, 17 BB)
Stetson – Ben Onyshko – LHP (2-0, 3.62 ERA, 32.1 IP, 13 ER, 36 K, 22 BB)
Around the Horn:
- The Bisons enter the weekend with double-digit hits in a school record 13 straight games.
- Lipscomb travels to Stetson for the final ASUN weekend series. The Bisons have not won a series against the Hatters since 2009 when they swept the series at home. Lipscomb defeated Stetson 9-5 in last year’s ASUN Championship but have lost 18 of the last 22 matchups.
- Brady Puckett leads the ASUN in wins (8), strikeouts (88), complete games (3) and innings pitched (95.0). He could become the first-ever Lipscomb pitcher to earn ASUN Pitcher of the Year. In league play, Puckett holds a 3-0 record with a 2.47 ERA and 45 strikeouts in six starts
- The Bisons lead the ASUN by a wide margin in walks and stolen bases. Lipscomb has 255 walks in 2016 ahead of North Florida (201), while compiling 88 stolen bases with Jacksonville in second at 72. The Bisons lead the ASUN by a wide margin in walks and stolen bases. Lipscomb has 255 walks in 2016 ahead of North Florida (201), while compiling 88 stolen bases with Jacksonville in second at 72.
- In league play, Lipscomb owns the second-best team batting average at .329 led by Lee Solomon at .413 and freshman Zeke Dodson at .359.
- Solomon and Adam Lee rank second and third in runs scored this season in the ASUN at 47 & 46. Lee also sits second with 56 RBIs.
- Puckett is second on the league’s active career win-loss percentage charts at .737. (14 wins – 5 losses). Passantino is tied for fourth at .667 (10 wins – 5 losses).
- With a 1-0 shutout against Western Michigan on February 28, Lipscomb skipper Jeff Forehand picked up win No. 250 in a Bison uniform.
The Bisons wrap up their regular season this weekend before returning to Nashville for next week’s ASUN Tournament (May 25-28). As for the seeding, that is up in the air. Kennesaw State, Jacksonville and North Florida are all vying for the top three seeds and Lipscomb, Stetson and FGCU are battling for seeds 4-6.
Check with LipscombSports.com or follow @BisonBaseball on twitter for updates on the team or any time changes with the game.