|March 01, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: ORTEGA (1-1)||2.1||1||1||1||2||2|
|Loss: BEARD (0-3)||3.0||6||6||4||1||4|
|March 02, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: KNOX (1-0)||3.1||2||1||1||2||3|
|Loss: SERVICE (0-1)||3.0||5||3||3||0||3|
|March 03, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: MARTIN (1-0)||3.0||4||0||0||1||5|
|Loss: KEMP (0-1)||2.0||3||1||1||1||5|
|March 04, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: THOMPSON (2-1)||6.0||3||1||0||2||4|
|Loss: KELLEY (0-2)||5.2||7||10||10||4||5|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb baseball team returns to action this weekend hosting former ASUN member Northern Kentucky in a four-game series at Ken Dugan Field. The slate is set to begin at 2 p.m. Thursday.
Friday and Saturday are also scheduled for 2 p.m. starts, while Sunday is tentatively set for a 1 p.m. first pitch.
This will be the first meeting between the schools since the regular season finale in 2015 – the Norse’s final season in the conference. The Bisons took all three meetings to hold an 8-1 edge over NKU in the series.
Lipscomb enters the weekend 3-5 overall after dropping three of its last four games. On Tuesday, the Bisons ran into a buzz saw at Tennessee Tech as the Golden Eagles beat the visiting Bisons 27-7 in Cookeville.
Northern Kentucky brings a record of 1-6 to Dugan Field after dropping its last four contests to Louisiana Monroe and Cincinnati. The lone win was a 5-4 decision at East Tennessee State on opening weekend.
The games will feature live stats and a Facebook Live video-only feed.
WEEKEND PARKING ON CAMPUS
Fans who plan on visiting Dugan Field this weekend for the baseball games should be aware of the parking situation on Lipscomb’s campus Thursday – Saturday. With the TSSAA Basketball tournament being held in Allen Arena, parking will be very difficult to find, so please arrive early and be prepared to find parking difficult around the campus.
Options for visitors include: Parking at Woodmont Hills Church of Christ (3710 Franklin Pike, Nashville, TN. 37204) and riding a shuttle to the front of the Burton building on campus would be the best option. Shuttles will run until 8 p.m. on Thursday-Friday and until 10:30 p.m. on Saturday. Attendees will at the drop off location to point visitors in the right direction.
Some parking could be available on the Lipscomb Academy side of Granny White Pike after school hours, but there will be no shuttle at that location (3805 Granny White Pike, Nashville, TN. 37204).
The parking situation applies to anyone looking to attend baseball, softball, soccer or the ASUN Basketball Tournament on Thursday and Friday.
Lipscomb – LHP Max Habegger (0-0, 13.50 ERA, 1 K, 4 BB)
NKU – TBD
Lipscomb – RHP Erik Gutierrez (1-0, 12.27 ERA, 4 K, 4 BB)
NKU - TBD
Lipscomb – RHP Chris Kachmar (0-0, 1.64 ERA, 13 K, 5 BB)
NKU - TBD
Lipscomb – LHP Noah Thompson (1-1, 2.16 ERA, 8 K, 4 BB)
NKU - TBD
SCOUTING THE NORSE:
Will Haueter paces the offense with 13 hits, 4 HR, 9 RBI and a .481 batting average. He is also slugging 1.000 with a .500 on-base percentage.
Jake Richmond is raking .369 with five extra-base hits and four RBI.
The pitching staff sports a 10.08 ERA with 51 Ks and 38 walks in 55.1 innings of work. Brody Basilone has a team-high 8 strikeouts over two appearances. He is limiting opponents to a .185 clip.
- Zeke Dodson is hitting a team high .423 at the dish with a 7-game hitting streak, including a season best 3-for-4 afternoon against Fairleigh Dickinson. The junior has also reached base in 23 straight games after carrying over his 15-game streak from a season ago.
- Junior first baseman Cade Sorrells, like Dodson, has reached in all eight games this season. He is tied for fourth in the ASUN with eight walks on the year. He has taken a free pass in seven of the eight games.
- Centerfielder Josh Martinez is tied with Dodson for the team lead in home runs (2). His seven hits are second most on the Bisons.
- Kachmar has been fantastic in his first two starts as a Bison. He leads the team in ERA (1.64), strikeouts (13) and innings pitched (11.0).
- Freshman Noah Thompson has allowed just two earned runs in 8.1 frames in his first two collegiate starts in the Sunday role. He has eight punchouts.
- Kyle Kemp is tied with Stetson’s Brooks Wilson for the ASUN’s save lead at three. Kemp has worked four innings with seven strikeouts and two walks.
The Bisons host Tennessee Tech in a midweek on March 6 at 4 p.m. The following weekend, Michigan travels to Nashville for a three-game set on March 9-11.