|March 09, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Henry (1-0)||6.0||4||3||3||3||4|
|Loss: HABEGGER (0-1)||2.0||3||5||4||3||2|
|March 10, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: KACHMAR (1-0)||6.0||5||4||4||4||6|
|Loss: Kauffmann (2-2)||4.2||9||7||4||0||8|
|March 11, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: ORTEGA (2-1)||1.1||0||0||0||1||0|
|Loss: Vancena (0-3)||2.1||3||3||2||1||1|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb baseball team will be hosting the Michigan Wolverines for a three-game series at Ken Dugan Field over the weekend.
It will be the second year in a row that the Bisons have hosted Michigan for a weekend series.
The action is set to begin on Friday at 4 p.m., and will continue with tilts on Saturday at 2 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m.
With inclement weather potentially coming through Nashville, make sure to check back for further updates on any weather-related news.
Lipscomb (6-7) enters the series having won three of five games during the last week. Meanwhile, Michigan (3-8) heads into the weekend having lost seven of its last eight outings.
Friday’s and Saturday’s contests will be broadcast on ESPN3 and live stats will be available for all three.
- Last weekend, the Wolverines dropped three of four to No. 8 Stanford on the road. They earned the lone win in a 5-0 outing in game one of a Saturday doubleheader.
- Leadoff hitter Harrison Salter leads Michigan with a .273 batting average, but has only played in four games. Christian Bullock sports a .270 batting average and has started all 11 games for the Wolverines.
- Miles Lewis is the only player with multiple home runs for Michigan this season. He has two along with a team-high 10 RBIs.
- Tommy Henry posts a team-best 2.12 ERA through three outings, but has yet to earn a decision.
- The Wolverines are the second Power Five school Lipscomb has faced this season after a 8-5 loss to Tennessee in Knoxville in February.
- Last week, Lipscomb split a four-game home series with Northern Kentucky. They enter the weekend having lost to Tennessee Tech 17-6 during a mid-week matchup.
- Zeke Dodson is hitting .375 at the plate. He also leads the team in hits with 18.
- Jeffrey Crisan and Lee Solomon are tied for the team lead with nine RBIs each. Crisan has generated the RBIs in just 21 plate appearances, while stroking a team best .524 average.
- Dodson, Crisan, Maddux Houghton, and Josh Martinez have each notched two home runs to tie for the team lead.
- Noah Thompson is 2-1 so far on the mound for the Bisons. The freshman leads the team with a 1.26 ERA.
- Robbie Knox (1-0) owns and ERA of just 1.54 after seven appearances this season.
- Kyle Kemp has notched all three Bisons saves on the season. He has posted a 1.50 ERA.