NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb baseball team is coming off a tough weekend series against UNCG, but with a midweek tilt against Middle Tennessee on Wednesday, the Bisons are looking to build some momentum with ASUN Conference action just weeks away.
The matchup with the Blue Raiders is set for 4 p.m. at Ken Dugan Field. It will be streamed on Facebook Live.
The Bisons (9-11) dropped three of their four games last week, but ended on a high note with a 3-2 victory on Sunday. Freshman Noah Thompson dealt 7-strong innings and earned his third win of the season while junior Tevin Symonette blasted the game-winning home run to lead the team.
Middle Tennessee (11-9) has won three of its last four games, including taking 2-of-3 from Western Kentucky over the weekend to open Conference USA play.
- The Blue Raiders are led offensively by senior Aaron Aucker who is batting .320 with six doubles, six home runs, 26 RBI and 48 total bases.
- Grant Williams is on tap to get the nod on the mound. He has combined for nine strikeouts and only four hits in his last 12 innings of work. He is 2-1 with a 1.23 ERA this season.
- MT is batting .261 as a team and has a 6.25 ERA as a pitching staff.
- LA Woodard (.323) and Austin Dennis (.313) join Aucker as the only players batting over .300 on the team.
- Woodard and Dennis lead the team with 10 and 8 stolen bases, respectively.
- The Bisons swept the Blue Raiders last season in two meetings to lead the all-time series 29-24.
- Senior Jeffrey Crisan leads the team with a .404 batting clip and a .617 slugging percentage.
- Junior Zeke Dodson is raking .351 and leads the team with 26 hits, two triples, 17 RBI and 39 total bases.
- Senior Blake Thomas has been a source of production for the Bisons since moving to the leadoff position. Over the last 10 games, he is batting .285, which has raised his season average by more than 30 points to .262. He is first in the ASUN with 21 runs scored and 10 stolen bases. He has scored a run in 13 straight games.
- Junior first baseman Cade Sorrells has reached base in all 20 games this season for Lipscomb. Thomas is second on the team with 15 straight entering Wednesday.
- Robbie Knox has been lights out for the Bisons out of the bullpen. He is second in the ASUN with a 1.12 ERA over 11 appearances. He has allowed just three earned runs over 24.0 innings with 21 strikeouts and seven walks.
- Freshman Maddux Houghton is third on the team with 10 RBI, and his four stolen bases are second most.
- Houghton, Dodson, Crisan and Josh Martinez each have a team-leading two homers.
- Junior Kyle Kemp has notched four saves on the season. He has posted a 1.00 ERA.
The Bisons are set to make a trip to West Lafayette, Indiana for a three-game series with Purdue. With the chance of snow this weekend there, the series schedule has been changed. There will now be a doubleheader on Friday beginning at 1 p.m. (CT). Depending on the weather, the final contest will be played at noon on either Saturday or Sunday.