|April 13, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||R||H||E|
|Win: WILSON (3-0)||2.0||1||0||0||0||3|
|Loss: KNOX (1-4)||2.0||3||1||1||1||1|
|April 14, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: PERKINS (5-2)||5.2||3||1||1||4||9|
|Loss: KACHMAR (2-2)||6.0||6||5||3||1||4|
|April 15, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: SENGER (5-1)||9.0||5||0||0||0||13|
|Loss: THOMPSON (3-3)||7.0||6||3||3||2||2|
DELAND, Fla. – The Lipscomb baseball team is set to take its first road trip of the ASUN Conference season this weekend to face Stetson in a three-game set at Melching Field that gets under way Friday at 5:30 p.m.
All three games are slated to air on ESPN3 with Saturday’s tilt scheduled for a 5:30 p.m. first pitch followed by a noon start on Sunday.
There will also be live stats available throughout the entire series on LipscombSports.Statbroadcast.com
The Hatters lead the all-time series against Lipscomb 36-29 coming into the weekend. They won last year's regular season series 2-1.
SCOUTING THE HATTERS
Stetson enters the weekend 25-8 overall and 1-2 in ASUN play. The Hatters will be looking to bounce back after dropping 2-of-3 on the road at Kennesaw State last weekend.
The Hatters are led by their arms as they feature one of the top pitching staff's in the country. Stetson ranks second nationally in ERA (2.41), WHIP (1.07) and fourth in K/9 (10.6).
Jacob Koos ranks ninth in the league with 20 walks, sixth in runs scored (27) and third in stolen bases (11) coming into this weekend's action.
Koos is joined by Nico Torino as the two Stetson regulars with a batting average north of .300. Torino checks in at .348 on the season, including four multi-hit games in his last six contests played.
Brooks Wilson is tied for the NCAA lead in saves with 13 on the season. That mark is tied for 11th-most in ASUN single-season history. Wilson's ERA sits at a miniscule 0.58 coming into this weekend.
Jorge Arenas was a key player in the midweek win against USF. He produced three hits, his 10th multi-hit game of the year. Against the Bulls, he was 5-for-9 in the season series with five RBI.
Lipscomb – Josh Colon – RHP (1-2, 3.65 ERA, 12.1 IP, 5 ER, 8 K, 11 BB)
Stetson – Logan Gilbert – RHP (6-1, 2.98 ERA, 54.1 IP, 18 ER, 76 K, 15 BB)
Lipscomb – Chris Kachmar– RHP (2-1, 3.99 ERA, 47.1 IP, 21 ER, 52 K, 20 BB)
Stetson – Jack Perkins– RHP (4-2, 3.83 ERA, 44.2 IP, 19 ER, 41 K, 18 BB)
Lipscomb – Noah Thompson – LHP (3-2, 3.25 ERA, 36.0 IP, 13 ER, 19 K, 13 BB)
Stetson – Mitchell Senger – LHP (4-1, 2.25 ERA, 52.0 IP, 13 ER, 72 K, 18 BB)
Around the Horn:
- Jeffrey Crisan leads the team with a .341 batting average. Six of his 29 hits have gone for extra bases and he has 19 RBI.
- The Bisons are just 1-4 on the road this season, but have combined to hit seven home runs in those five contests.
- Robbie Knox is third in the ASUN with a 1.32 ERA on the year. He and Kyle Kemp are tied for the Bisons lead and fourth in the conference with four saves.
- Kemp owns a 12.43 K/9 ratio, which is the best on the team. Knox has struck out 27 batters and only allowed seven BB.
- Lipscomb is third in the league in stolen bases with 36. Senior shortstop Blake Thomas paces the squad and ranks second in the ASUN with 15 swipes.
- The team’s nine stolen bases in league play are the most of any team.
- Maddux Houghton and Chris Bashlor have combined for 33 RBI on the season, which ranks first among ASUN freshman duos in the conference. Houghton has 18 RBI, while Bashlor owns 17 on the year.
The Bisons continue their season-long roadtrip with a midweek contest at Middle Tennessee on Tuesday, April 17 at 6 p.m., before traveling to Kennesaw State for three games next weekend.