NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb baseball team returns home for the Battle of the Boulevard on Tuesday when rival Belmont visits Ken Dugan Field at 6 p.m.
The game will be a part of “Lipscomb Athletics Community Appreciation Day” to show Lipscomb’s appreciation and love for our community. There will be no admission to the game for any spectator.
The Bisons (16-22) are coming off a series loss at Kennesaw State where they dropped both ends of a Saturday doubleheader after taking the opener 6-5 on Friday.
The contest will be streamed via ESPN3 and live stats will also be available.
The Bruins head into the contest 14-25 on the season and 9-12 in Ohio Valley Conference action.
Belmont has dropped its last four games, including a series sweep from Jacksonville State last weekend at home.
The Bruins are batting .269 and are led by Matt Cogen’s .358 clip. He paces the squad with 30 runs, 59 hits, 12 doubles and 84 total bases. His 32 RBI and three home runs are second best on the team.
AROUND THE HORN
- In the Division I era, Belmont leads the all-time series 31-18. The Bruins swept the season series last year and then held on for an 8-7 victory at Rose Park in March.
- Jake Perry doubled his season home run total over the weekend at Kennesaw State, blasting two longballs on Saturday. The senior DH now is tied for the team high with four on the year with 11 RBI.
- Jeffrey Crisan leads the team with a .316 batting average, while his 24 RBI are second most.
- Zeke Dodson is tied with Perry with four long balls. He leads the team with 26 RBI.
- Blake Thomas paced the Bisons with 30 runs scored and 15 stolen bases.
- Cade Sorrells continues to find a way on base despite hitting .207. His 32 walks are 33rd most in the nation.
Lipscomb continues its seven-game homestand this weekend when USC Upstate visits Dugan Field for three games. Friday’s opener is set for 6 p.m.