|May 11, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: German (7-2)||7.0||4||2||2||1||9|
|Loss: COLON (2-3)||7.0||9||3||3||3||4|
|May 12, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: KNOX (3-5)||2.2||4||1||1||0||2|
|Loss: Bradford (4-2)||2.2||4||2||2||2||5|
|May 13, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Deppermann (2-4)||8.0||5||1||1||2||8|
|Loss: THOMPSON (3-4)||6.2||7||3||3||1||1|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb baseball team returns to the Sunshine State this weekend for its final road games of the regular season to take on North Florida. The Bisons and Ospreys will tangle in three ASUN Conference games at Harmon Stadium.
The series will begin with a 5:05 p.m. first pitch on Friday, before concluding with 1:05 p.m. and 12:05 p.m. starts on Saturday and Sunday.
UNF leads the all-time series with Lipscomb 25-15 entering the weekend’s action. The Bisons have not taken a series from the Ospreys in the regular season since 2009 when they won 2-of-3 in Nashville.
Lipscomb (20-25, 6-9 ASUN) ended a two-game win streak on Tuesday with a 19-5 loss at Austin Peay.
All three games can be streamed on ESPN3 and there will also be live stats provided.
SCOUTING THE OSPREYS
UNF (22-23, 7-8 ASUN) stands one game ahead of Lipscomb on the ASUN table in fifth. The Ospreys are coming off a big sweep at FGCU last weekend and look to carry that momentum into this weekend at Harmon Stadium.
With 82 runs scored in 15 conference games, North Florida’s offense ranks second in the league. The Ospreys have collected 198 total bases in ASUN play, which also comes in second in the league.
North Florida’s pitching staff is the best in the ASUN when it comes to walks allowed per nine innings. UNF holds a 3.06 mark in that category, good for 19th in the nation heading into this weekend.
Frank German's minuscule 1.24 ERA leads all ASUN pitchers and ranks fifth in all of Division I baseball this week. He’s pitched at least 8.0 innings in four straight starts.
Tanner Murphy (35) and Jay Prather (32) have been the main RBI producers for the Ospreys.. Prather has at least one RBI in eight of his last 10 games. Murphy is the only player in the ASUN with double-digits in homers, doubles and stolen bases this year. His .344 batting average also second in the ASUN entering this weekend’s action.
AROUND THE HORN:
- The ASUN ranks 7th in conference RPI this season. Stetson leads the way at 12th, while Jacksonville is 23rd.
- Lipscomb looks to win its second consecutive ASUN series after defeating USC Upstate at the end of April. The Bisons travel to North Florida, site of the 2018 ASUN Championship later this month.
- The Bisons rank third in the ASUN with 32 homers entering this weekend. Jake Perry (6) and Zeke Dodson (4) lead the team individually. Perry's dingers are the most of any senior in the ASUN this season.
- Cade Sorrells has collected eight RBI in his last three contests, including back-to-back three RBI games for the Bisons. The infielder ranks third on the team and 20th in the ASUN in runs batted in.
- Lipscomb stole nine bases in its weekend series sweep against SEMO last weekend. The Bisons have stolen 61 bases as a team, with Blake Thomas leading the team at 17.
- Four Bison pitchers have pitched 40.0 or more innings this season, with Chris Kachmar leading the team at 64.1 IP. Kyle Kemp has the best K/9 ratio with 10.54.
- Robbie Knox (5) and Kemp (4) have combined for all nine saves for the Bisons this season. Knox holds the team’s best ERA at 2.66. He has 34 strikeouts compared to only 11 walks on the year.
- Maddux Houghton's three home runs this season are tied for the second most in the ASUN among all freshman. Stetson's Eric Foggo has four.
- Noah Thompson's 3.23 ERA is the lowest among all ASUN freshman. It is 2.65 points higher than anyone else.
The Bisons return to the Music City next week for their final three games of the 2018 regular season. They will host Florida Gulf Coast beginning on Thursday at 6 p.m.