|March 12, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: ELGIN (1-0)||5.0||4||1||1||1||4|
|Loss: Hubbell (0-1)||1.2||2||4||0||1||2|
|March 13, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: CAVER (1-1)||3.1||1||1||1||2||2|
|Loss: PHILLIPS (1-1)||2.0||8||3||3||1||0|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb baseball team kicks off another week with back-to-back midweek matchups, as the Bisons will travel the short distance down the road to face Belmont on Tuesday followed by a home game with Tennessee Tech on Wednesday.
Both games are scheduled for 4 p.m. start times.
The Bisons (7-6) are currently riding a three-game win streak after a solid week on the diamond. Lipscomb won in walk-off fashion last Wednesday against Memphis and picked up two wins over the weekend versus Hartford.
Tuesday – RHP Scott Elgin (0-0, 4.91 ERA) vs. TBD
Wednesday – RHP Matthew Maldonado (0-0, 11.57 ERA) vs. TBD
SCOUTING THE COMPETITION:
- The game versus Belmont will be the first installment of the Battle of the Boulevard for the 2019 baseball season. Last season the Bruins got the better of the Bisons winning both games with scores of 8-7 and 8-6.
- The Bruins have an overall record of 7-8 and won their series with Morehead State over the weekend taking two out of three games.
- Senior infielder Zach Ehrhat is one of Belmont’s top producers at the plate leading the team in batting average (.328), at-bats (61) and hits (20). He is second on the team in runs (9), doubles (3), RBI (12) and total bases (25).
- Tennessee Tech has an overall record of 9-5 on the season and has won the Ohio Valley Conference the past two years.
- Over the last five years the Bisons and Golden Eagles have met 12 times with Tennessee Tech going 8-4 over that span.
- In total the Golden Eagles have five players hitting over .300 on the season. Nathan McMeans has a batting average of .438 in 13 appearances on the year and is fifth on the teams in hits with 14. Anthony Carrera has the most hits on the squad with 18 and is tied for third in RBI at 10. Jason Hinchman provides the power hitting at a .341 clip and leading the Golden Eagles in RBI (15), home runs (4) and doubles (3).
AROUND THE HORN:
- Chris Bashlor and Maddux Houghton continue to see the ball well at the plate hitting at clips of .444 and .409 for the top-two marks on the squad.
- Bashlor also leads the Bisons in RBI with 13 and is tied for the team lead in home runs with two. Houghton is tied for second with 11 RBI.
- Senior Zeke Dodson has the third best hitting mark on the team with a .364 batting average. He is second on the team in on-base percentage at .473 and has made the most out of his opportunities when getting on base leading the Bisons in runs scored with 15.
- Brian Moore recorded the first walk-off hit of the season for the Purple and Gold with a triple last Wednesday in a 3-2 victory over Memphis.
- Tyler Guilfoil continues to be an ace on the mound for the Bisons. The freshman picked up his second save of the season, which leads the team, over the weekend and has an impressive ERA of 0.54.
Lipscomb will make its first big road trip of the season travelling to the Buckeye state for a weekend series with Ohio State, March 15-17. First pitch on Friday is scheduled for 4 p.m., Saturday will start at 2 p.m. and the Sunday finale will begin at noon.