|March 15, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Burhenn (3-1)||6.0||2||3||1||2||5|
|Loss: KACHMAR (3-1)||3.0||6||6||5||4||4|
|March 16, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: HABEGGER (2-1)||3.0||4||1||1||0||6|
|Loss: G. Smith (3-1)||5.0||2||3||3||6||4|
|March 17, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: Lonsway (2-2)||6.0||3||1||1||4||5|
|Loss: COLON (0-1)||5.1||6||4||4||3||2|
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Lipscomb baseball team heads to the Buckeye state this weekend for its first road trip of the season to face the Ohio State Buckeyes in a three-game series at Nick Swisher Field at Bill Davis Stadium.
The Bisons (9-6) are coming into the weekend with some momentum winning five straight. Lipscomb won its two midweek matchups beating cross-town rival Belmont 18-3 in the first installment of the Battle of the Boulevard on Tuesday and followed that with a 4-1 victory over Tennessee Tech on Wednesday.
The Buckeyes come into the weekend on a five game losing streak and have an overall record of 7-9 on the season.
All three games will be available to stream through BTN Plus with a paid subscription and live stats will be available as well.
For any Bisons faithful making the trip to Columbus parking information can be found here: https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/parking-advisory-3-14-17/
Friday – RHP CHRIS KACHMAR (3-0, 2.74 ERA) vs. RHP Garrett Burhenn (2-1, 3.70 ERA)
Saturday – LHP Noah Thompson (0-3, 14.40 ERA) vs. LHP Griffan Smith (3-0, 4.50 ERA)
Sunday – RHP Joshua Colon (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. LHP Seth Lonsway (1-2, 7.27 ERA)
SCOUTING THE BUCKEYES:
- This will be the home opening series for Ohio State after playing its first 16 games on the road.
- The Buckeyes have played one ASUN conference member already this year in FGCU and came away with a 2-0 victory.
- Ohio State has a team batting average of .255 with 137 hits, 25 doubles, 13 home runs and 79 RBI.
- Senior Brady Cherry is having a solid year for Ohio State with a batting average of .344. He leads the team in hits with 21, RBI with 13 and is tied for the team lead in home runs with four.
- The pitching staff bolsters a 4.28 ERA with 127 strikeouts over 136.2 innings. Griffan Smith is 3-0 on the season appearing in five games with four starts. He is second on the team in strikeouts with 21 and has one save on the season.
AROUND THE HORN:
- This is the first ever meeting between the two teams.
- The Bisons are nearly hitting .300 as team with a batting average of .297. On the year Lipscomb has hit 29 doubles, 10 home runs and 96 RBI.
- Chris Bashlor continues to have a solid year at the plate leading the team in batting average (.434), hits (23), RBI (16), total bases (33) and slugging percentage (.623). He is currently on a six game hitting streak.
- Sophomore Maddux Houghton has been productive at the plate as well hitting .421 with 21 hits, two triples and 12 RBI.
- Zeke Dodson is third on the team in batting average at .364 and leads the team in runs scored with 18.
- Lipscomb has been quick on the base paths with 25 stolen bases in 29 attempts. Tevin Symonette leads the squad with seven stolen bases on the year.
The Bisons will return to Tennessee, but will still be on the road as they head to Murfreesboro for a matchup with Middle Tennessee on Tuesday, March 19. First pitch will be at 6 p.m.