|March 22, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: SANTANA (2-1)||5.0||5||4||3||3||5|
|Loss: KACHMAR (3-2)||5.0||6||5||5||4||6|
|March 23, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: PALMER (3-3)||5.0||8||4||4||3||7|
|Loss: THOMPSON (0-4)||5.0||7||5||5||4||5|
|March 24, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: JONES (4-1)||8.2||2||2||0||1||10|
|Loss: COLON (0-2)||6.0||4||3||3||3||4|
JACKSONVILLE – The Lipscomb baseball team opens up ASUN Conference play this weekend on the road in Jacksonville to take on the Dolphins for a three-game series at John Sessions Stadium.
The Bisons (11-8) are coming off their first game of the year that went into extra innings in an 8-6 victory over Middle Tennessee on Tuesday.
The Dolphins (12-9) will return home after spending the last four games on the road. Jacksonville went 1-3 over that stretch taking on UNC Greensboro in a weekend series and a midweek matchup with Florida.
All three games will be available to stream with Friday’s game available on ESPN+. The games on Saturday and Sunday will be available through Facebook Live on the Jacksonville Baseball page. Live stats will also be available throughout the weekend.
Friday – RHP Chris Kachmar (3-1, 4.15 ERA) vs. RHP Tyler Santana (1-1, 3.25 ERA)
Saturday – LHP Noah Thompson (0-3, 10.93 ERA) vs. RHP Trent Palmer (2-3, 3.33 ERA)
Sunday – RHP Joshua Colon (0-1, 3.60 ERA) vs. RHP AJ Jones (3-1, 3.90 ERA)
- The Dolphins were picked to finish second in the Preseason ASUN Coaches Poll and currently are fifth in the ASUN standings.
- Jacksonville had four players selected to the Preseason All-Conference Team in Santana, RHP Chris Mauloni, first baseman Angel Camacho and shortstop Scott Dubrule.
- Santana has made five appearances, all starts, on the season and is fifth on the team in ERA at 3.25. The junior leads the Dolphins in strikeouts with 31 and has allowed only eight walks on the year.
- Mauloni is one of the top relievers out of the bullpen for Jacksonville. Although the sophomore has thrown just 8.0 innings on the season, he is holding opponents to a .148 batting average.
- Camacho leads the team in production at the plate hitting at a clip of .408. He is also tops on the Dolphins in hits (31), home runs (5), RBI (16) and slugging percentage (.645).
- Dubrule has a .263 batting average on the season and leads in the team in walks with 14. He is tied for third on the squad with 14 RBI.
AROUND THE HORN:
- The Bisons were picked to finish seventh in the Preseason ASUN Coaches Poll and sit one spot ahead of Jacksonville at fourth in the current standings.
- After this weekends series, Lipscomb will have played seven straight games on the road. The Bisons opened up the season playing 13 out of their first 15 games on home turf.
- Tevin Symonette came up clutch in the Bisons win over Middle Tennessee earlier in the week. The senior hit a triple and came around to score to tie the game in the top of the ninth and followed that with a RBI-double that gave Lipscomb the lead in the top of the 11th.
- Freshman Tyler Sills picked up the first win of his collegiate career throwing the final 3.0 innings to secure the win over MTSU.
- Sophomore Maddux Houghton tops the team in batting average at .394 and triples with three. Houghton’s three triples are the most in the ASUN.
- The Bisons are hitting .279 as team, which is the third best mark in the ASUN and lead the conference with 33 stolen bases on the season.
Lipscomb will return to the Music City on March 26, but will take on the No. 8 ranked Vanderbilt Commodores in a neutral site game at First Tennessee Park. First pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.