|May 22, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||R||H||E|
|Win: PALMER (5-4)||1.2||1||2||1||2||2|
|Loss: KNOX (0-4)||2.0||3||1||1||0||1|
|May 23, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||R||H||E|
|Win: Michael Bacica (2-0)||2.0||1||0||0||3||4|
|Loss: KNOX (0-5)||4.0||3||3||2||1||3|
|Eric Foggo (STET)||5||0||2||3||0||0|
|Jorge Arenas (STET)||6||1||2||0||0||0|
DELAND, Fla. – The 2019 regular season has come and gone as the Lipscomb baseball team turns its attention towards the ASUN Championship.
Lipscomb has earned the No. 3 seed in the tournament and will kick things off at 6 p.m. (CST) against No. 4 seed Jacksonville in the third game of the tournament at Melching Field at Conrad Park on the campus of Stetson University.
The game will be broadcast on ESPN+ and live stats will also be available.
This will be the fifth time in the last six years that the Bisons and Dolphins have met in the opening round of the ASUN Championship. Lipscomb lost to Jacksonville in last years first round match, 9-6.
Lipscomb – RHP Chris Kachmar (9-3, 3.60 ERA)
Jacksonville – RHP Tyler Santana (4-3, 4.55 ERA)
- The Dolphins earned the No. 4 seed by compiling an overall record of 30-25 and were 13-11 in conference action.
- Jacksonville swept the Bisons when the two ball clubs faced off during the regular season back on March 22-24 and one run decided all three contests.
- The bat of Angel Camacho leads JU. The senior has a batting average of .329, which tops the Dolphins lineup and ranks fourth in the ASUN. Camacho also leads the Dolphins in RBI (39), home runs (10), slugging percentage (.502) and on-base percentage (.423).
- Scott Dubrule also presents another dangerous bat in the Dolphins lineup. He leads the Dolphins with 69 hits and has an average of .321.
- Projected starter, Tyler Santana, has been one of Jacksonville’s main guys on the mound. Over 14 starts he has complied a record of 4-3 with an ERA of 4.55 and is tied for the team lead in strikeouts with 73.
AROUND THE HORN:
- The Bisons are making their seventh straight ASUN Championship appearance. Lipscomb won two titles back in 2008 and 2015.
- Lipscomb was able to claim the No. 3 seed after completing a series sweep over North Alabama to end the regular season.
- Noah Thompson was honored with the final Pitcher of the Week award after tossing a complete game shutout in the second game of the series versus UNA. He allowed just four hits and set a career high with eight strikeouts.
- Probable starter Chris Kachmar has been on a tear over his last three games, going 3-0 and tossing two complete games. Kachmar has given up just three earned runs during his last three outings.
- Kachmar also ranks as one of the top pitchers in the conference. His nine wins leads the entire ASUN and he ranks fifth in strikeouts with 89 on the season.
- Maddux Houghton leads the Bisons in batting with a clip of .330, which ranks third in the ASUN. The speedy sophomore also leads the Bisons with 18 stolen bases on the year.
- Cade Sorrells has been one of the most productive bats for the Bisons this season. He led the Bisons and the ASUN with 50 RBI on the year.
- In the series with Jacksonville earlier in the season, Sorrells had the hot bat as he drove in seven out of the 11 Lipscomb runs.
- Tevin Symonette has been seeing the ball well during conference play this year. Against ASUN opponents the senior is hitting .301 with eight doubles, five home runs and is slugging .616. His five home runs against conference opponents are tied for the third most in the conference.
- Senior closer Robbie Knox set a Lipscomb single season record with his ninth save in the final game of the year versus North Alabama.
The winner between Lipscomb and Jacksonville will play the winner of No. 2 Liberty and No. 5 North Florida on Thursday at 6 p.m. (CST).
The loser of Lipscomb-Jacksonville will play the winner of No. 1 Florida Gulf Coast and No. 6 Stetson on Thursday at 2 p.m. (CST).
The tournament is double-elimination format.