|February 14, 2020||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: EINSTEIN (1-0)||1.1||3||0||0||1||1|
|Loss: STOPP (0-1)||2.0||5||4||3||2||3|
|February 15, 2020||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: GRUBBS (1-0)||4.0||1||0||0||1||0|
|Loss: HAYS (0-1)||4.0||2||2||1||4||7|
|February 16, 2020||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Win: BIERMAN (1-0)||5.0||3||2||2||3||6|
|Loss: RECKER (0-1)||5.0||4||3||2||2||5|
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb baseball team is ready to take the diamond at Dugan Field as the season officially begins with a three-game home series versus Bowling Green this weekend.
Friday's Opening Day game, originally scheduled for 4:05 p.m., has been pushed up to 2:05 p.m. Saturday's first pitch is also at 2:05 p.m. and Sunday is scheduled to start at 1:05 p.m.
All three games will have live stats available and will be broadcast via YouTube.
To celebrate Opening Weekend, there will also be multiple promotions provided by Lipscomb athletics:
We will be distributing free schedule magnets to the first 100 fans, or until supplies last, each game of the opening series.
Every Friday home game will have $1 hot dogs at the famous Dugan Field concession stand.
Each Sunday, the Lipscomb Athletics marketing team will be inviting all fans 12 & under to run the bases post game, as well as receive autographs from players on the field. Each participant will also go home with a free goodie item compliments of Coca-Cola.
Friday - RHP Scott Elgin vs. RHP Andrew Abrahamowicz
Saturday - LHP Max Habegger vs. RHP Tyler Hays
Sunday - RHP Dylan Bierman vs. RHP Owen Recker
SCOUTING BOWLING GREEN:
- The Falcons posted an overall record of 16-33 during the 2019 season and went 8-18 during conference play in the MAC.
- Bowling Green struggled on the road last year posting a 6-22 record away from Steller Field.
- There are plenty of new faces among Bowling Greens roster as the team boasts 14 freshman.
- Centerfielder Jake Wilson returns for his senior season and can cover a lot of ground in the outfield. Wilson took home All-Defensive Team honors for the second-consecutive season in 2019 and has committed just three errors over the last 103 games of his career, recorded a .986 fielding percentage in 2019.
- On the mound, Abrahamowicz and Hays were two main starters for the Falcons a season a go. Abrahamowicz compiled a record of 2-5 with an ERA of 3.11 in 14 appearances with 12 starts, while Hays went 2-6 with a 5.10 ERA over 14 starts. Recker will be making his first start at the collegiate level.
AROUND THE HORN:
- This is the 11th consecutive season that Lipscomb has opened the season at home. The Bisons are 6-4 on Opening Days during that span.
- The Bisons will be looking to carry some of their momentum from the 2019 season into this season after finishing with an overall record of 30-25 and third place in the conference at 14-10, which was the program's best mark since 2016.
- Lipscomb was picked to finish sixth the Preseason Coaches Poll for the 2020 season.
- The Purple and Gold will have plenty of new faces ready to make key contributions after losing 10 seniors from a season ago. A group that included: First Team All-Conference selection and 28th round draft pick of the Chicago Cubs, RHP Chris Kachmar, First Team All-Conference outfielder Tevin Symonette and staples at first and third base in Cade Sorrells and Zeke Dodson.
- Junior Maddux Houghton, who was named to the Preseason All-Conference Team, will look to lead the Purple and Gold both at the plate and in the outfield after a stellar sophomore season.
- The centerfielder led the team in hitting a season ago with a .342 batting average and 66 hits to go along with 34 RBI, which ranked second on the squad. His .342 batting average was the second-highest in the conference last season and is tied for the 12th best single-season mark in the program's NCAA era.
- Tyler Guilfoil will look to play a key role in the Bisons bullpen following his selection to the ASUN All-Freshman team last year.
- The Lexington, Kentucky native appeared in 20 games and made one start on the mound and compiled a 2-1 record with a 4.97 ERA and two saves over 38.0 innings of work. He recorded 54 strikeouts, which was the third most on the team, allowed 26 walks and held opponents to just a .213 batting average.
Lipscomb will take on Tennessee Tech in its first midweek game of the season on Tuesday February 18. First pitch from Dugan Field is scheduled for 4:05 p.m.