Bisons on the Air
Online Radio: Lipscomb Sports Network, www.LipscombSports.com (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon and Benjamin Seamon, color analysts)
Online Video: A-Sun.TV (Lipscomb Sports Network audio feed)
The Lipscomb University Bisons (5-7, 2-1 A-Sun) continue their homestand Monday evening against Florida Gulf Coast (5-7, 2-1 A-Sun). Game time is approximately 7:30 p.m. in Allen Arena.
The Bisons started 2010 on the right note Saturday afternoon defeating Stetson 84-63. Adnan Hodzic scored 29 points on 11-of-15 shooting and grabbed a team-high eight rebounds. Jordan Burgason (18) and Josh Slater (16) also posted double figures. The Bisons had 21 assists on 29 baskets. They shot 60.4 percent from the field, including 73.7 percent in the second half.
Florida Gulf Coast defeated Belmont 66-63 Saturday afternoon. Reed Baker paced the Eagles with 14 points while Anthony Banks and Reggie Chambers added 12 each. Kyle Marks grabbed 13 boards.
Lipscomb has won two of the three meetings between the teams including an 82-76 victory on Jan. 3 last year in the only meeting in Allen Arena. Lipscomb lost 76-73 at FGCU on Feb. 2 last year. After Lipscomb’s win on Jan. 3, the Bisons lost seven of their next nine games culminating with their loss at FGCU by a total of 25 points. Lipscomb went on to win their final eight regular season games.
- Lipscomb is 3-2 in Allen Arena this year and 78-35 all-time. Florida Gulf Coast is 3-6 on the road this year.
- Hodzic leads the A-Sun and is 9th in the nation for scoring (22.5). He is 5th in the A-Sun in rebounding (7.8) while shooting 60.4 percent for the best mark in the conference.
- Hodzic has scored in double figures in 39 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the nation
- Slater leads the A-Sun in assists per game (5.08) and is sixth in scoring (14.9) and 7th in steals (1.67). He converts 48.5 percent of his 3-point attempts to lead the A-Sun.
- Lipscomb is 5-1 when its opponent converts less than 50 percent of its attempts and 0-6 when its opponent shoots over 50 percent.
- Lipscomb’s opponents shoot 50.0 percent for the 15th best mark in the nation and 45.1 percent from the 3-point line for the 2nd best average in the NCAA
- Lipscomb averages 18.6 assists per game for the 5th best average in the nation
Last Time Out
Saturday afternoon at Allen Arena the Bisons rolled to an 84-63 win over Stetson.
The Bisons were led by junior center Adnan Hodzic with a game-high 29 points, barely missing his second 30-point performance in a row. Hodzic also grabbed a game-high eight rebounds.
Also scoring in double figures for the Bisons were sophomore guard Jordan Burgason with 18 and junior guard Josh Slater with 16.
The Bisons shot 60.4 percent from the field, including 73.7 percent in the second half. They hit 41.2 percent from 3-point range, making 71.4 percent of their attempts in the second half.
The Bisons also held the Hatters to 42.9 percent shooting from the field, hitting 24-of-56 shots. The Hatters were 38.1 percent from 3-point range, connecting on 8-of-21 tries. Twenty-six of the Bisons points came off of turnovers.
The Bisons broke the game open in the first half with a 10-2 run starting with a tip-in by Hodzic with 9:56 left, turning a 17-15 lead to a 27-17 advantage with 7:53 on the clock.
The biggest lead for the Bisons was 22 when Slater scored on a lay-up to make it 84-62 with 1:23 left.
Lipscomb - Stetson Notes
- The 63 points for Stetson was the lowest by an opponent against the Bisons this season. They held Southern Illinois Edwardsville to 64 points in a 67-64 win Nov. 28.
- The Bisons are 7-0 over the last five seasons when they have 21 or more assists
Hodzic named A-Sun POTW
Hodzic was named the Atlantic Sun Co-Player of the Week on Dec. 28 for his 34-point, 13-rebound performance against Arizona.
Hodzic has been named A-Sun player of the week three times in his career (also Feb. 16, 2009 and Dec. 29, 2008) to tie Eddie Ard and Brian Fisk for most career player of the week awards by a Bison.