The Lipscomb men’s basketball team is collecting “Health Kits” for their trip to the Dominican Republic Aug. 10-16.
In addition to playing exhibition basketball games, the teams will visit on orphanage in La Ramana and make several stops at villages. The health kits will be distributed at the villages where many residents are so poor they don’t even own clothes.
Both the basketball and service portions of the trip are organized through Score International. Lipscomb assistant coach Jay Walton and his wife Stephanie are making their third trip to the Dominican Republic as part of Score mission trips.
The kits are being collected at the Lipscomb Basketball offices in Allen Arena.
Health Kit Items Value: $12 per kit
Place these items inside a sealed one-gallon plastic bag.
- 1 hand towel 15” x 25” to 17”x 27” (kitchen cleaning and microfiber towels are not acceptable)
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb (comb needs to be sturdy and at least 8” long; no pocket combs or picks please; rattail combs and combs without handles are acceptable)
- 1 metal nail file or clipper (no emery boards or toenail clippers please)
- 1 bath size soap (3 oz. and larger sizes only; do not remove from original packaging)
- 1 toothbrush (adult size only do not remove from original packaging)
- 6 adhesive bandages (¾” to 1 “ size common household band aids)
- 1 plastic bag one gallon size (sealable bags only)