|November 28, 2011||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||APSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.390 (23-59)||.342 (25-73)|
|3P FG Percentage||.118 (2-17)||.208 (5-24)|
|FT Percentage||.733 (11-15)||.750 (12-16)|
EDMONDSON - 2
CLYBURN - 2
Bisons on the Air
Radio: WQZQ-FM 102.1 The Light (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst; Craig Hartline, studio host)
Video: ASun.TV (Lipscomb Sports Network audio feed)
The Lipscomb Bisons (3-3) open a four-game home stand Monday at 6:30 p.m. against Austin Peay (0-7) of the Ohio Valley Conference.
The Bisons completed a four-game road trip with a 79-77 victory Wednesday against Sacred Heart to win the Mayan Division championship of the Cancun Challenge. Jordan Burgason hit six 3-pointers in his season debut finishing with a team-high 20 points.
Lipscomb and Austin Peay didn’t meet from 1962 until last year’s two meeting. The Bisons and Govs have met 68 times with Austin Peay leading the series 40-28.
Last year the Bisons won 104-101 in overtime in Allen Arena on Nov. 18 and 73-70 in Clarksville on Dec. 7.
Four Bison freshmen are from Clarksville - starting point guard Zavion Williams, forward Damarius Smith, and twins Malcolm and Martin Smith. Damarius’ brother, Amius, plays football for Austin Peay. The four combined to average 35.7 points per game.
- Lipscomb is 1-1 in Allen Arena and 95-40 overall in Allen.
- The Bisons play five games against OVC schools this season. Lipscomb defeated SIU Edwardsville 90-87 on Tuesday in Cancun.
- Zavion Williams is third in the A-Sun for scoring at 16.2 per contest
- Justin Glenn leads the A-Sun in field goal percentage at .656 (21-of-32)
- Deonte Alexander is 5-of-9 from the 3-point line in the last three contests.
- Zavion Williams’ 28 points against SIU Edwardsville was the most scored in the Atlantic Sun Conference this season and most by a Lipscomb freshman since Jeff Dancy scored 38 at Tennessee State on Jan. 14, 2002. His 13 free thows made were the most by a Lipscomb freshman.
- Malcolm Smith attempts 7.2 free throws per game putting him on pace for 223 attempts on the season. Josh Slater’s has the single-season record of 225 in 2009-10
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).
- Malcolm Smith has scored in double-digits the last four games becoming the first Lipscomb freshmen to do it since Slater and Adnan Hodzic each did it during the 2007-08 season.
- Burgason did not play in the first five games for a violation of team rules