|December 15, 2011||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||MUR|
|FG Percentage||.444 (20-45)||.569 (37-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.500 (6-12)||.375 (9-24)|
|FT Percentage||.704 (19-27)||.545 (6-11)|
ASKA - 16
MUSHATT - 4
POOLE - 4
BLAND - 4
ASKA - 4
BURGASON - 2
LONG - 5
LONG - 2
Bisons on the Air
Radio: WQZQ 102.1 The Light (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst)
For the first time since March 1948, the Lipscomb Bisons and the No. 24-ranked Murray State Racers meet on the basketball court Thursday at 7 p.m. at the CFSB Center in Murray, Ky.
It will be the fifth and final meeting of the season between the Bisons and Ohio Valley Conference opponents. Lipscomb won the first three meetings before falling 89-87 in overtime at Tennessee Tech Saturday. Sophomore Robert Boyd (23) and junior college transfer (21) both had career scoring highs for Lipscomb who led 38-30 at halftime.
Alexander was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week for the week of Dec. 6-12. It was the third straight week that a Bison was honored with the award. He averaged 15.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in two games last week while shooting 61.1 percent from the floor and 60 percent the 3-point line.
Murray State is off to a 10-0 start. The Racers defeated Memphis 76-72 Sunday evening. Lipscomb plays at Memphis Monday. Isaiah Canaan leads Murray Sate averaging 19.8 points per game.
- Lipscomb is 0-3 on the road while Murray State is 3-0 at home
- Lipscomb is 0-6 all-time against ranked opponents. Last year the Bisons dropped three contests: #8/8 North Carolina 80-66; #12/13 Baylor 72-60; #22/21 Memphis 88-70
- Damarius Smith averages 7.2 assists per game over the last five games.
- Malcolm Smith averages 14.3 points and 7.3 rebounds over the last four games while shooting 55.3 percent from the field.
- Burgason’s six 3-point attempts at Tennessee Tech pushed him past Jame Poindexter for Lipscomb’s NCAA era career record for attempts at 553.
- Glenn averages 9.4 rebounds over the last five games and is now 6th in the A-Sun for rebounding (6.8 per game)
- Glenn has 17 blocks on the season for the 2nd best average in the A-Sun (1.5). He swatted 10 shots all season. Glenn had 27 blocks his freshman season at Centenary.
- Justin Glenn had a career-high 15 rebounds against Kennesaw State for the 8th best performance in the NCAA era.
- Malcolm Smith had his first career double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds against Kennesaw State.
- Malcolm Smith was 10-of-10 at the line against Mercer. It was the 5th time in the NCAA era a Bison was perfect from the line with ten or more attempts.
- Lipscomb shot 17-of-18 from the free throw line against Mercer (12/1) for its best day at the line since hitting 21-of-22 attempts (95.5 percent) against Florida Atlantic on Jan. 19, 2005.
- Zavion Williams was named the Atlantic Sun Conference newcomer of the week for the week of 11/22-11/28. He scored 28 points against SIU Edwardsville and averaged 13.0 points in three Lipscomb wins.
- Damarius Smith had a career-high nine assists against Austin Peay while committing no turnovers. It was the most assists without a turnover for the Bisons since Josh Slater had ten assists against ETSU on Feb. 16, 2009.
- Robert Boyd had a career-high seven steals against Austin Peay for the third highest tally in the NCAA era.
- Zavion Williams’ 28 points against SIU Edwardsville was the most scored in the Atlantic Sun Conference this season by a freshmen and most by a Lipscomb freshman since Jeff Dancy scored 38 at Tennessee State on Jan. 14, 2002. His 13 free thows made were the most by a Lipscomb freshman in the NCAA era
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).