|January 04, 2012||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UNF|
|FG Percentage||.387 (24-62)||.596 (34-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.385 (5-13)||.500 (8-16)|
|FT Percentage||.571 (8-14)||.857 (6-7)|
SMITH - 3
GLENN - 2
SMITH - 2
Bison on the Air
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Benjamin Seamon, play-by-play; Trevor Garrett, color analyst)
The Lipscomb Bison continues its seven game road trip with its sixth stop Wednesday night at North Florida, located in Jacksonville, for a game set to tip at 6:45 p.m. central.
The Bison lead the series with North Florida 8-3 and have won three of five matchups at UNF Arena. The teams have split the season series the last two years. Last year North Florida won 72-62 at UNF Arena.
Lipscomb snapped an eight-game road losing streak Monday evening with a 77-71 victory at Jacksonville. The Bison opened the second half with a 15-2 run and held Jacksonville to one field goal over the opening nine minutes of the second period.
Lipscomb is led by senior preseason all-conference selection Jordan Burgason who averages 15.0 points per game and leads the A-Sun in three-pointers made at 38 for an average of 3.8 per game.
- Lipscomb is 1-6 on the road while North Florida is 6-1 at home.
- Sophomore guard Robert Boyd, who averaged 11.2 points per game, has been ruled academically ineligible and won't return to Lipscomb for the spring semester.
- With the loss of Boyd, Lipscomb now has just three players from last year’s squad. Burgason, Jacob Arnett, and Justin Glenn accounted for 16.6 points per game last year.
- Burgason has hit 18 of his last 27 3-point attempts (66.7% over three games). On the season he shoots 29.0 percent inside the arc and 52.1 percent beyond the arc.
- Burgason has moved into 9th place in the A-Sun record book for 3-pointers made (249)
- Deonte Alexander averages 12.2 points and 2.7 three-pointers made in the last 6 games
- After hitting 60.7 percent (17-of-28) of his shots in the first four games of the year, Jacob Arnett is shooting 32.9 percent (26-of-79) in the last ten games.
- Damarius Smith is shooting 21.1 percent (4-of-19) in the last four games.
- Justin Glenn shoots 74.4 percent averaging 11.0 points in wins. He shoots 50.0 percent in losses scoring 6.4 points.
- Glenn averages 8.6 rebounds per game since Thanksgiving