|January 06, 2012||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||BEL|
|FG Percentage||.517 (31-60)||.394 (26-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.471 (8-17)||.361 (13-36)|
|FT Percentage||.882 (15-17)||.600 (9-15)|
CLARK - 2
NOACK - 2
BAKER - 2
Bison on the Air
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Steve Selby, play-by-play; Willy Daunic, color analyst)
Lipscomb and Belmont meet Friday at Belmont’s Curb Event Center for the first of two times in their final season as Atlantic Sun Conference opponents. The game is set to tip at 7:05 p.m.
Lipscomb leads the overall series 72-56 while Belmont leads the NCAA era series 9-8. Belmont is 29-28 at home against the Bison.
Last year Belmont handed the Bison a shocking 36-point loss, 88-52, at the Curb Center. It was Lipscomb’s worst loss in the NCAA era and Belmont’s biggest win ever against Lipscomb. In last year’s game at Lipscomb, the Bison rebounded from an 18-point deficit in the final 24 minutes of the game for a 73-64 win.
Lipscomb is wrapping up a seven game road trip in which they’ve dropped five games including an 82-61 decision Wednesday night at North Florida. The Bison allowed North Florida to shoot 59.6 percent and the Osprey went on a 23-4 first half run which the Bison were never able to counter.
Lipscomb is led by senior all-conference selection Jordan Burgason who averages 15.4 points and makes 3.8 three-pointers per game. True freshman Zavion Williams posts 11.8 points a game while running the point for the Bison. Center Justin Glenn has emerged in his senior year to average 8.8 points and 7.1 rebounds.
- Lipscomb is 1-7 on the road while Belmont is 6-0 at home.
- Lipscomb’s opponents have shot over 50 percent seven times. Six of those occurances came away from Allen Arena.
- Lipscomb holds opponents to 64.9 points in wins and give up 81.8 points in losses
- Jordan Burgason averages 20.5 points over the last four games
- Burgason has hit 21 of his last 32 3-point attempts (65.6% over five games). On the season he shoots 32.4 percent inside the arc and 52.6 percent beyond the arc.
- Burgason needs 10 points to reach the 1,000 point club
- Burgason has moved into 9th place in the A-Sun record book for 3-pointers made (252)- - After hitting 60.7 percent (17-of-28) of his shots in the first four games of the year, Jacob Arnett is shooting 31.7 percent (26-of-82) in the last 12 games.
- Arnett has a 2.8 assist-to-turnover ratio (17-6) in the last seven games
- Damarius Smith is shooting 25.9 percent (7-of-27) in the last five games.
- Justin Glenn shoots 74.4 percent averaging 11.0 points in wins.
- Glenn averages 8.5 rebounds per game since Thanksgiving
- Glenn attempted a career-high 11 field goals at North Florida