|February 25, 2012||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIPM||KSUM|
|FG Percentage||.518 (29-56)||.433 (26-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (6-18)||.379 (11-29)|
|FT Percentage||.714 (10-14)||.571 (8-14)|
GLENN - 7
SMITH - 2
GLENN - 1
SMITH - 1
Bison on the Air
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst)
Lipscomb concludes the 2011-12 regular season Saturday against Kennesaw State at the Convocation Center in Kennesaw, Ga.
Kennesaw State has lost 18 consecutive games while the Bison have lost four straight and are looking to avoid their longest losing skid of the season. Lipscomb hasn’t lost five in a row since a stretch from Jan. 5-19, 2009.
Freshman Malcolm Smith leads Lipscomb in scoring at 9.5 points per game. Five Bison score at least eight points a game. Senior Justin Glenn is third in the conference for rebonding at 7.3.
Lipscomb held Kennesaw State to 17 first-half points and cruised to a 75-52 win in a Dec. 3 meeting in Allen Arena. Glenn (11p/15r) and Malcolm Smith (16p/12r) each posted double-doubles.
The Bison are coming off a 63-54 loss at Mercer Thursday evening. Lipscomb was slow out of the starting blocks making just four of its first 18 shot attempts and falling behind 26-9 at the 7:38 mark of the first half. The Bison closed the half on a 14-3 run cutting Mercer’s advantage to 29-23 at halftime. Glenn had his sixth double-double of the season with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Lipscomb has won 8-of-13 meetings with Kennesaw State including four of the last five matchups. Kennesaw State leads 4-2 in the Convocation Center.
- Lipscomb is 4-10 on the road while Kennesaw State is 1-10 at home with its only win coming against non-Division I Reinhardt.
- Lipscomb will be the No. 7 seed in next week’s Atlantic Sun Championship in Macon, Ga.. The Bison will play No. 2 seed Mercer Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. central.
- Lipscomb has lost seven of its last nine games and 13 of 18.
- Martin Smith has started the last eight games and averages 28.4 minutes in the last 12 games. Over the span Martin averages 9.9 points.
- In A-Sun games, Martin is the top freshman and 7th overall for 3-point field goal shooting (.420)
- Deonte Alexander averages 13.2 points in the last six games. He’s shooting 34.2% (27-of-79) from the field and 30.2% (13-of-43) in the span.
- Lipscomb is 81-of-142 (57.0%) at the free throw line in the last six games
- Lipscomb has been outrebounded in 13 of the last 18 games.
- Lipscomb is 3-15 with three or fewer players in double figures
- Lipscomb is 0-10 when scoring 66 or fewer points
- Justin Glenn is 8-of-28 from the free throw line in the last 11 games
- Lipscomb’s opponents have shot over 50 percent nine times. Seven of those occurrences came away from Allen Arena.