|December 30, 2013||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STET|
|FG Percentage||.357 (20-56)||.500 (17-34)|
|3P FG Percentage||.276 (8-29)||.467 (7-15)|
|FT Percentage||.600 (15-25)||.800 (24-30)|
HAMPTON - 14
PEGG - 8
GREEN - 1
ANDREWS - 1
DELAND, Fla. – After a short break in the action for Christmas, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team returns to action on Monday night lifting the lid on Atlantic Sun Conference play against Stetson at the Edmunds Center.
The 6 p.m. CST tilt is set to air on 94.9 Game 2 with Jonathan Seamon calling the action from the “Sunshine State”. Live video of the action will also be available on Hatter Vision.
- The Bisons enter Monday’s contest looking to snap a two game skid in conference lid lifters. The Purple and Gold are 6-3 all-time in A-Sun openers.
- The Dec. 19 88-83 win over Austin Peay sent the Bisons into the Christmas break with a win for the first time since the 2007 season. Junior forward Martin Smith led Lipscomb with a game-high 27 points in his hometown of Clarksville, Tenn.
- Monday night marks game four of a 5-game road swing for the Bisons. Aside from a Dec. 5 home tilt against Tennessee Tech Lipscomb has played the last eight games on the road. The Purple and Gold return home to Allen Arena this weekend opening A-Sun home action against North Florida at 4 p.m. on ESPN3
- The Bisons are 8-10 against Stetson in the NCAA Division I era and only 2-7 at the Edmunds Center. The series was tied 8-8 before the Hatters took both contests last season with now Lipscomb head coach Casey Alexander at the helm.
- Redshirt freshman J.C. Hampton and junior Martin Smith continue to rank among the league’s best in free-throw shooting. Hampton ranks fifth in the league hitting 84.6 percent from the charity stripe, while Smith is shooting 82.4 percent from the foul line. As a team, the Bisons rank third in the A-Sun with a 68.9 percent mark.
- Having scored 20-plus points in three of his last four games, junior Martin Smith ranks second in the A-Sun and first on the team with an 18.0 points-per-game average. Over his last six games, Smith is averaging 22.5 points per game.
- Redshirt freshman J.C. Hampton currently leads all Atlantic Sun rookies in scoring averaging 13.5 points per game. That figure ranks him in the league in scoring and 21st nationally in freshman guard scoring.