|January 04, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNF||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.490 (24-49)||.391 (25-64)|
|3P FG Percentage||.409 (9-22)||.280 (7-25)|
|FT Percentage||.700 (21-30)||.593 (16-27)|
DAVENPORT - 8
DENNY - 7
SMITH - 7
DENNY - 2
HAMPTON - 2
SMITH - 2
DENNY - 1
SMITH - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – After a 29-day hiatus, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team returns home to Allen Arena on Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m. hosting Atlantic Sun foe North Florida.
The contest is set to air on ESPN3 and via the WatchESPN app with Steve Selby and Justin Seamon calling the action. The game will also be broadcast locally on 94.9 Game 2.
The Ospreys (8-7, 2-0 A-Sun) enter the contest with a pair of home wins over Mercer and Kennesaw State earlier this week, while the Bisons (5-8, 0-2) opened the conference slate with losses at Stetson and Florida Gulf Coast.
- The Bisons hold an 8-7 advantage in the series all-time but the Ospreys have won the last five meetings between the two squads.
- Junior forward Martin Smith continues to lead the way for the Bisons averaging a league second-best 17.5 points per game. Smith is right on the heels of conference leader Torrey Craig and his mark of 17.8 points per outing.
- Redshirt-freshman guard J.C. Hampton continues to climb in the A-Sun scoring ranks averaging eighth in the league with 13.6 points per game. Hampton leads all A-Sun newcomers and ranks tied for 19th nationally by freshman guards in scoring. The newcomer ranks 12th in freshman guard scoring in home games with a 15.7 points-per-game average at Allen Arena.
- Lipscomb has won five of the last six Atlantic Sun Conference home openers and is 8-2 all-time.
- 70 seems to be the magic number so far in 2013-14. The Bisons are 5-2 when scoring 70 or more points but winless when scoring below 70.