|January 24, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||NKU|
|FG Percentage||.512 (22-43)||.413 (26-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.429 (9-21)||.360 (9-25)|
|FT Percentage||.537 (22-41)||.650 (13-20)|
HAMPTON - 3
SMITH - 3
HAMPTON - 1
Highland Heights, Ky. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues Atlantic Sun Conference action on Friday night taking on Northern Kentucky on CSS at 7 p.m. at the Bank of Kentucky Center in Highland Heights, Ky.
Along with coverage on CSS, the game will air in the Nashville market on 94.9 Game 2 with Jonathan Seamon on the call
The two squads split the first two games between the two schools in the NCAA era last season with the Norse taking a 67-53 on their home court before the Bisons avenged the loss with a 76-58 win at Allen Arena.
- With starters Talbot Denny and Martin Smith sidelined last Saturday afternoon, senior guard Khion Sankey led the way for the Bisons with a career-high 19 points against Mercer.
- Redshirt-freshman guard J.C. Hampton continues to lead all A-Sun freshmen in scoring averaging 14.5 points per game. Hampton ranks 6th in the league with a 15.9 ppg average in conference play. He also ranks tied for sixth nationally in 3-pointers made (50) and 14th nationally in total points (279) among freshmen guards.
- Junior forward Martin Smith ranks second on the A-Sun scoring chart averaging 16.7 points-per-game. Smith missed his first start in 59 games last Saturday against Mercer due to a lower-body injury sustained in practice last Friday.
- Ranking 10th with a 14.9 ppg average in league play, freshman guard Josh Williams Williams also ranks 13th in the nation in field goal percentage (.503) among freshmen guards.
- Close contests have been the norm for the Bisons in A-Sun play with six of the eight contests being decided by five points or less.
- The Bisons are among the nation’s best at getting to the free-throw line and firing off 3-pointers. Lipscomb ranks 3rd in the nation with 483 3-point attempts, 8th in the nation with 166 made 3-pointers and 15th nationally averaging 8.7 treys per game. The Purple and Gold also rank 17th nationally with 516 free-throw tries and 29th with 35 made free throws.
- Hitting the 70-point mark and hitting more free throws than the opponent seems to be the magic recipe so far in 2013-14. The Bisons are 7-4 when scoring 70 or more and also 6-4 when shooting more free throws.