|February 16, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||KSU|
|FG Percentage||.460 (23-50)||.407 (22-54)|
|3P FG Percentage||.524 (11-21)||.500 (11-22)|
|FT Percentage||.731 (19-26)||.643 (18-28)|
COLEMAN - 6
SANDERSON - 1
JOHNSON - 1
SMITH - 1
KENNESAW, Ga. – With just four games remaining in the Atlantic Sun Conference regular season, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team heads into Sunday afternoon’s matinee contest at Kennesaw State looking to solidify its position in the conference standings.
The final regular season road game of the 2013-14 season for the Bisons tips off at 1 p.m. CT and will be carried both on ESPN3 and 94.9 Game 2.
Lipscomb heads into Sunday’s contest riding a six-game winning streak against the Owls and have not lost at the KSU Convocation Center since 2009. The Bisons lead the all-time series 11-4.
- Freshman guard Josh Williams continues to make a big impact in his first season averaging a league sixth best 15.1 points per game in conference games. He has been clutch in the final two minutes of action for the Bisons hitting 8-of-11 from the field including 4-for-5 from beyond the arc, along with a 12-for-14 mark at the free-throw line.
- Redshirt-freshman guard J.C. Hampton continues to lead all A-Sun freshmen in scoring averaging 14.7 points per game, a figure that ranks him seventh overall in the league and 18th nationally among freshmen guards. His 39 3-pointers made in 2014 rank him third in the nation among all freshmen. He also ranks seventh in the nation in 3-point FGM in conference play. He has also scored double figures in 16 of the last 18 contests.
- The Bisons currently lead the league with four players ranked in the top-20 in scoring in Atlantic Sun games.
- With seven wins on the road this season, the Bisons are tied with A-Sun leader Mercer for the most road victories this season.
- Long distance has been a big part of the Bisons this season as Lipscomb leads the league in 3-pointers made per game at 9.0. The Bisons rank 4th nationally with 609 attempts.
- Close contests have been the norm for the Bisons in A-Sun play with nine of the 14 contests being decided by five points or less.
- Hitting the 70-point mark and hitting more free throws than the opponent seems to be the magic recipe so far in 2013-14. The Bisons are 10-5 when scoring 70 or more and also 8-4 when shooting more free throws.