|November 22, 2011||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||SIUE|
|FG Percentage||.491 (28-57)||.564 (31-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.353 (6-17)||.478 (11-23)|
|FT Percentage||.718 (28-39)||.700 (14-20)|
SMITH - 6
JONES - 6
STINEMAN - 4
ALEXANDER - 2
BOYD - 2
GLENN - 1
SMITH - 1
SMITH - 1
SCHNEIDER - 1
Bisons on the Air
Radio: WPRT-FM 102.5 The Game (Steve Selby, play-by-play)
Atlantic Sun Conference leading scorer Zavion Williams (15.5 ppg) and the Lipscomb Bisons take on SIU Edwardsville Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. in the Cancun Challenge in Cancun, Mexico. It’s the third of four games for the Bisons in the Cancun Challenge and the first game in Cancun.
This is the third meeting between the schools and the first on a neutral court. Lipscomb won all three matchups, a game in Allen Arena in 2008-09 and a home and home series in 2009-10, by an average of 15.3 points.
Lipscomb lost 78-70 at Illinois State Saturday afternoon. Sophomore Robert Boyd scored a career-high 21 points for the Bisons. He connected on five 3-pointers, also a career-best. Freshmen Zavion Williams had 18 points and freshman Malcolm Smith added 11 points, a career-high, off the bench.
Illinois State defeated SIU Edwardsville 68-38 Thursday evening. Lipscomb will play either Hampton or Sacred Heart on Wednesday in the final game of the Cancun Challenge.
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).
- After committing 47 turnovers in the opening two games, the Bisons have cut down on their mistakes committing 18 turnovers against Illinois and then 13 against Illinois State.
- Lipscomb’s four 2nd half turnovers against Illinois State was its lowest single-half total of the season.
- Malcolm Smith has scored in double-digits the last three games becoming the first Lipscomb freshmen to do it since Josh Slater, Adnan Hodzic, and Brandon Brown each did it during the 2007-08 season.
- Burgason has not played in the first four games for a violation of team rules