|Stats at a Glance||SHU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.545 (30-55)||.475 (28-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.278 (5-18)||.591 (13-22)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (12-16)||.588 (10-17)|
BURGASON - 3
SMITH - 3
Bisons on the Air
Radio: WQZQ-FM 102.1 The Light (Steve Selby, play-by-play)
The Lipscomb Bisons play for the Cancun Challenge Mayan Division Championship Wednesday afternoon at 3 p.m. central against Sacred Heart of the Northeast Conference at the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico.
This is the first meeting between the schools and Lipscomb’s first matchup with a Northeast Conference member.
Sacred Heart reached the championship game by defeating Hampton 78-71 Tuesday afternoon. They had five players score in double figures led by Steve Glowiak with 16 of the bench.
The Bisons defeated SIU Edwardsville 90-87 Tuesday afternoon on a 3-pointer by Robert Boyd with 3.8 seconds remaining. Lipscomb was paced by Zavion Williams with 28 points. He was 13-of-16 from the free throw line.
- Zavion Williams’ 28 points against SIU Edwardsville was the most scored in the Atlantic Sun Conference this season and most by a Lipscomb freshman since Jeff Dancy scored 38 at Tennessee State on Jan. 14, 2002. His 13 free thows made were the most by a Lipscomb freshman.
- Damarius Smith had career marks in scoring (11) and rebounding (6) against SIU Edwardsville
- Jacob Arnett tied a career high with six boards against SIU Edwardsville
- Malcolm Smith attempts 7.8 free throws per game putting him on pace for 234 attempts on the season breaking Josh Slater’s single-season record of 225 in 2009-10
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).
- Malcolm Smith has scored in double-digits the last four games becoming the first Lipscomb freshmen to do it since Slater and Adnan Hodzic each did it during the 2007-08 season.
- Burgason has not played in the first five games for a violation of team rules