|December 01, 2011||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MUM||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.500 (30-60)||.381 (24-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.500 (7-14)||.389 (7-18)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (12-15)||.944 (17-18)|
GOLLON - 7
TEAM - 7
THOMAS - 2
CECIL - 2
HALL - 2
SMITH - 2
SMITH - 2
WILLIAMS - 2
Bisons on the Air
Online Audio: LipscombSports.com (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst; Craig Hartline, studio host)
Streaming Video: ASunTV (Lipscomb Sports Network audio feed)
For the third straight season the Lipscomb Bisons (4-3, 0-0 A-Sun) open Atlantic Sun Conference action against the Mercer Bears (4-2, 0-0 A-Sun). The teams face off Thursday at 7:15 p.m. in Allen Arena.
The Bisons have dropped two straight games against the Bears after losing the regular season finale 68-67 last year and then falling 73-63 five days later to Mercer in the A-Sun Championship quarterfinals. Both games were played at Mercer’s University Center.
Lipscomb is 6-2 against Mercer in Allen Arena and 12-6 overall against the Bears.
Lipscomb defeated Austin Peay 67-59 Monday evening for its third straight win. Senior Jordan Burgason led the Bisons with 17 points while Justin Glenn had Lipscomb’s first double-double of the season with 12 points and 12 rebounds
- Zavion Williams was named the Atlantic Sun Conference newcomer of the week Tuesday (11/22-11/28). He scored 28 points against SIU Edwardsville and averaged 13.0 points.
- Lipscomb is 2-1 in Allen Arena this year and 96-40 overall in Allen.
- Zavion Williams is third in the A-Sun for scoring at 14.4 per contest
- Glenn is second in the A-Sun for field goal percentage at .643 (27-of-42)
- Damarius Smith had a career-high nine assists against Austin Peay while committing no turnovers. It was the most assists without a turnover for the Bisons since Josh Slater had ten assists against ETSU on Feb. 16, 2009.
- Robert Boyd had a career-high seven steals against Austin Peay for the third highest tally in the NCAA era.
- Burgason had a career-high seven rebounds against Austin Peay