Friday, December 02, 2011
Bisons on the Air
Radio: WPRT-FM 102.5 The Game (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst; Craig Hartline, studio host)
Streaming Video: ASun.TV (Lipscomb Sports Network audio feed)
Lipscomb welcomes former coach Don Meyer and many players from his 24 years at the helm of Bisons (4-4, 0-1 A-Sun) to Saturday’s Atlantic Sun Conference matchup against the Kennesaw State Owls (2-4, 0-1 A-Sun) in Allen Arena.
Lipscomb leads the series against Kennesaw State 7-5. The Bisons have won all five meetings in Allen Arena and three of the last four meetings overall.
The Bisons lost 79-72 to Mercer Thursday evening in Allen Arena. Freshman Malcolm Smith had a career-high 22 points. The Bears shot 58 percent after halftime and 50 percent overall. Lipscomb committed 21 turnovers
- Lipscomb is 2-2 in Allen Arena this year and 96-41 overall in Allen.
- Zavion Williams is 8th in the A-Sun for scoring at 13.4 per contest
- Lipscomb shot 17-of-18 from the free throw line against Mercer (12/1) for its best day at the line since hitting 21-of-22 attempts (95.5 percent) against Florida Atlantic on Jan. 19, 2005.
- Justin Glenn had three blocks against Mercer, a high at Lipscomb and one shy of his career high. On the season Glenn already has 12 blocks after swatting 10 shots last season. He had 27 his freshman season at Centenary.
- Malcolm Smith was 10-of-10 at the line against Mercer. It was the 5th time in the NCAA era a Bison was perfect from the line with ten or more attempts.
- Zavion Williams was named the Atlantic Sun Conference newcomer of the week for the week of 11/22-11/28. He scored 28 points against SIU Edwardsville and averaged 13.0 points in three Lipscomb wins.
- Damarius Smith had a career-high nine assists against Austin Peay while committing no turnovers. It was the most assists without a turnover for the Bisons since Josh Slater had ten assists against ETSU on Feb. 16, 2009.
- Robert Boyd had a career-high seven steals against Austin Peay for the third highest tally in the NCAA era.
- Zavion Williams’ 28 points against SIU Edwardsville was the most scored in the Atlantic Sun Conference this season by a freshmen and most by a Lipscomb freshman since Jeff Dancy scored 38 at Tennessee State on Jan. 14, 2002. His 13 free thows made were the most by a Lipscomb freshman in the NCAA era
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).