|January 23, 2012||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UPST|
|FG Percentage||.327 (18-55)||.304 (21-69)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (8-24)||.238 (5-21)|
|FT Percentage||.500 (8-16)||.609 (14-23)|
ALEXANDER - 10
Bison on the Air
Radio: WQZQ 102.1 The Light (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play)
Senior sharp shooter Jordan Burgason and the Lipscomb Bison meet the USC Upstate Spartans Monday evening in Spartanburg, S.C., at 6 p.m.
The winner can move into a share of first place in the Atlantic Sun Conference dependant on other games Monday evening. Five teams are currently within a game of first place.
The story for the Bison is all about Burgason. The Ames, Iowa, product has been near unstoppable in the last month. In the last seven games he averages 22.4 points and connects on 4.9 threes per game. Overall he’s second in the conference for scoring at 17.3, first in 3-point percentage (53.6), first in threes per game (4.0), and fourth in free throw percentage (83.3).
Saturday Lipscomb defeated ETSU in Johnson City by a score of 73-65. Burgason nailed nine 3-pointers, tying Lipscomb’s NCAA era single game record that he set at Iowa State on Dec. 21, and finished with a career-high 33 points. Freshman Martin Smith joined in the bomb fest with four treys and 17 points, both career best.
Freshman Zavion Williams averages 10.4 points and 3.3 assist for Lipscomb. Center Justin Glenn has blossomed in his senior year to average 9.0 points and 7.2 rebounds.
- Lipscomb is 3-7 on the road while USC Upstate is 6-1 at home.
- Lipscomb has won six of the eight meetings between the schools with the teams splitting four meetings in Spartanburg.
- A win gives Lipscomb its first A-Sun roadtrip sweep since defeating Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson Feb. 18-20, 2010.
- Glenn has 13 blocks in the last five games
- Martin Smith is shooting 56.8 percent in his last nine games
- Burgason has connected on 40 of his last 66 three-point attempts (60.6 percent)
- Deonte Alexander has at least five rebounds in four of his last seven games. He had a career high five assist at ETSU
- Zavion Williams had a career high eight rebounds at ETSU
- Lipscomb has been outrebounded in seven of the last nine games
- Damarius Smith has missed 12 of his last 16 free throws
- Damarius is 7th in the A-Sun for assists per game (3.9) and Zavion is 10th (3.3)
- In Atlantic Sun action Glenn leads conference at 8.7 rebounds per game and is tied for a league-leading 2.1 blocks per contest.