|January 30, 2012||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||JAX||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.406 (26-64)||.519 (27-52)|
|3P FG Percentage||.364 (8-22)||.438 (7-16)|
|FT Percentage||.421 (8-19)||.724 (21-29)|
GLENN - 3
CABELL - 2
Bison on the Air
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst; Criag Hartline, studio host)
Lipscomb will go for the season sweep of Jacksonville Monday in Allen Arena at 6:30 p.m. A win for the Bison gives Lipscomb 100 wins in the 11-year-old Allen Arena.
Lipscomb is led by senior sharp shooter Jordan Burgason who leads the nation in 3-point percentage (52.8) and threes per game (3.9). Burgason is second in the A-Sun in scoring at 16.8 points per game.
Freshman Zavion Williams averages 9.4 points and 3.1 assist for Lipscomb. Center Justin Glenn has blossomed in his senior year to average 8.6 points and 7.3 rebounds.
Jacksonville leads the series 11-8 while Lipscomb has wone six of nine meetings in Allen Arena. On Jan. 2 Lipscomb opened the second half on a 15-2 run and held Jacksonville to one field goal over the first nine minutes of the second period en route to a 77-71 victory in Jacksonville.
Saturday evening Lipscomb lost 71-59 to North Florida after a strong opening half by the Osprey. North Florida led 45-24 at halftime. Burgason had a team-high 19 points while Glenn led Lipscomb with nine rebounds.
- Lipscomb is 5-4 in Allen Arena while Jacksonville is 2-13 on the road.
- Jordan Burgason has played 37 or more minutes in last six games
- Burgason has connected on 46 of his last 79 three-point attempts (58.2 percent)
- Burgason makes 4.4 threes per game over his last nine games
- Damarius Smith has missed 15 of his last 22 free throws since 12/21
- After averaging 6.0 assists in December, Damarius Smith averages 2.0 assists in January
- Martin Smith received his second career start Saturday against UNF. He had a career high six rebounds. In the last five games, Martin averages 10 points.
- Zavion Williams has missed last 15 shots and over last six games is shooting 23.4% and averages 4.8 points
- Justin Glenn has 15 blocks in the last six games
- Glenn is 3rd in the A-Sun for rebounding (7.3) and is 2nd in the league for blocks (1.6). In conference games Glenn's averages increase to 8.7 and 2.1
- Lipscomb has been outrebounded in 9 of the last 11 games by an average of 6.4 boards
- Lipscomb shoots 38.8 percent from beyond the arc and holds its opponents to 31.6 percent shooting from downtown.
- Lipscomb is 55-of-100 from the free throw line in the last five games
- Lipscomb is 2-10 with three or fewer players in double figures
- Lipscomb is 0-6 when scoring 66 or fewer points