|February 11, 2012||1st||2nd||1OT||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STET|
|FG Percentage||.478 (33-69)||.476 (30-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.200 (3-15)||.318 (7-22)|
|FT Percentage||.714 (30-42)||.750 (24-32)|
SMITH - 6
WILLIAMS - 6
PEREZ - 5
ALEXANDER - 2
SMITH - 2
PEREZ - 3
ARNETT - 1
Bison on the Air
Radio: WQZQ 102.1 The Light (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play)
With six games left in the regular season, the Lipscomb Bison are forced to make major adjustments with a roster change leading up to Saturday’s 2:15 p.m. central game with the Stetson Hatters in DeLand, Fla.
Lipscomb’s leading scorer and all-conference senior guard Jordan Burgason was dismissed from the team this week for a violation of team rules. He averaged 16.4 points and shot a deadly 52.6 percent from 3-point land. Lipscomb doesn’t have an active player averaging double digits after sophomore guard Robert Boyd (11.2 points) was ruled academically ineligible over Christmas.
Freshman forward Malcolm Smith in Lipscomb’s active leading scorer at 9.3 points per game. His twin Martin has earned three straight starts and averages 9.7 points in his last seven games.
Lipscomb is going for the season sweep of the Hatters and the series lead. Each team has won ten meetings dating to the 1962-63 season. Lipscomb has won four of the last five games though.
Freshman Damarius Smith drained a 3-pointer with less than one second left to give Lipscomb a 104-103 overtime victory against the Hatters on Jan. 16 in Allen Arena. Stetson’s Adam Pegg hit two free throws with 0.4 seconds left in regulation to force extra time. Burgason led Lipscomb with 24 points.
Lipscomb lost to rival Belmont last Friday, 84-58. It is the largest loss for Lipscomb this season. Belmont hit nine first half 3-pointers and outscored Lipscomb 32-12 in the paint. Malcolm led Lipscomb with 14 points.
- Lipscomb is 3-8 on the road while Stetson is 6-4 at home
- After averaging 6.0 assists in December, Damarius Smith averaged 2.0 assists in January
- Martin Smith has started the last three games. He averages 9.7 points in his last seven games.
- Justin Glenn has 21 blocks in the last eight games (2.7 per game)
- Glenn is 3rd in the A-Sun for rebounding (7.2) and is 2nd in the league for blocks (1.7). In conference games Glenn's averages increase to 8.3 and a league-leading 2.3 blocks
- Lipscomb shoots 38.9 percent from beyond the arc and holds its opponents to 32.4 percent shooting from downtown.
- Lipscomb has been outrebounded in 10 of the last 13 games.
- Lipscomb is 3-11 with three or fewer players in double figures
- Lipscomb is 0-7 when scoring 66 or fewer points