|February 18, 2012||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UPST||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.400 (24-60)||.471 (24-51)|
|3P FG Percentage||.364 (8-22)||.421 (8-19)|
|FT Percentage||.500 (6-12)||.500 (5-10)|
ALEXANDER - 5
ARNETT - 3
ALEXANDER - 1
Bison on the Air
Video Broadcast: ESPN3 (Matt Stewart, play-by-play; Sonny Smith, color analyst)
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst)
The Lipscomb Bison return to Allen Arena Saturday evening for a 6:30 p.m. Atlantic Sun Conference matchup with USC Upstate on ESPN3.
Lipscomb has lost four of its last six games and 10 of the last 16. The Bison haven’t enjoyed their traditional home court advantage this season. From 2004 to 2011 Lipscomb was 76-18 in Allen Arena. The Bison are 6-5 this season and a loss would Saturday would give Lipscomb their worse home record since finishing 5-9 in the 2003-04 season.
Lipscomb’s active scoring leader is freshman Malcolm Smith at 9.7 tallies. Malcolm paced the Bison with 19 points in Monday’s 89-68 loss at Florida Gulf Coast. Lipscomb shot 35.3 percent in the first 35 minutes before hitting five-of-seven attempts to close the game. FGCU shot 54.0 percent. It was the ninth time Lipscomb’s opponent made over half of their shots.
Lipscomb scored a season-low 52 points, shot a dismal 32.7 percent and committed 20 turnovers falling 61-52 at USC Upstate on Jan. 23. Lipscomb held Upstate to 30.4 percent shooting, their best defensive effort on the season.
- Lipscomb is 6-5 in Allen Arena while USC Upstate is 6-8 on the road.
- Martin Smith has started the last five games. He averages 8.9 points in his last nine games.
- Justin Glenn is 3rd in the A-Sun for rebounding (7.0) and is 2nd in the league for blocks (1.6). In conference games Glenn's averages increase to 7.9 and 2.0 blocks
- After starting the season shooting 64 percent from the field, Glenn is shooting 41.9 percent in the last six games.
- Lipscomb has been outrebounded in 11 of the last 15 games.
- Lipscomb is 3-12 with three or fewer players in double figures
- Lipscomb is 0-7 when scoring 66 or fewer points
- In games without Jordan Burgason, Lipscomb has struggled beyond the arc. Martin Smith is 1-of-13 (7.7 percent), Zavion Williams is 4-of-19 (21.1 percent), and Deonte Alexander is 9-of-32 (28.1 percent).