|November 18, 2013||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||TSU|
|FG Percentage||.450 (18-40)||.338 (22-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.200 (2-10)||.261 (6-23)|
|FT Percentage||.740 (37-50)||.714 (20-28)|
SMITH - 2
DENNY - 2
HARRIS - 3
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Despite being closer than seven miles apart, it has been more than a decade since Lipscomb and Tennessee State men’s squads have battled on the basketball court. That will change on Monday night when the Bisons make the quick trip to the Gentry Center for a 7 p.m. tipoff.
The Bisons (1-2) head into the game coming off a hard-fought 80-69 loss at Vanderbilt on Friday night while the Tigers (0-4) played Saturday at No. 16 Wichita State falling 85-71 to the Shockers. The game is set to air on 94.9 Game 2 with Jonathan Seamon and Jay Walton providing play-by-play analysis.
- Monday night’s contest against TSU marks the fourth-straight contest in the state of Tennessee to open the season. The Bisons will play the first six games of the season in the Volunteer State and six of the first seven. Lipscomb will not travel outside of the state lines until Nov. 30 for the first meeting in school history with Georgetown in the nation’s capital.
- TSU opened the season at the Outrigger Hotels and Resorts Rainbow Classic before a trip to take on Wichita State. The Tigers head into Monday night averaging just under 60-points per game.
- Redshirt junior Carter Sanderson leads the Bisons in scoring averaging 15.7 points per game off the bench. Redshirt freshman J.C. Hampton ranks just behind Sanderson with a 15.3 scoring average.
- The Tigers are paced by Pat Miller, who averages 21.3 points per game for TSU.
- After ranking eighth in the A-Sun in assists a year ago, the Bisons are leading the league so far averaging 17.3 helpers per game ahead of Mercer’s 16.7. Lipscomb also leads the A-Sun in 3-pointers made with 10.3 per game.