|December 14, 2013||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UGA|
|FG Percentage||.431 (22-51)||.574 (31-54)|
|3P FG Percentage||.414 (12-29)||.500 (9-18)|
|FT Percentage||.679 (19-28)||.591 (13-22)|
DENNY - 5
SMITH - 5
Williams - 2
Morris - 2
Athens, Ga. – After a quick break in the campaign for fall semester exams, the Lipscomb men’s basketball teams returns to action on Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m. against Georgia at the Stegeman Coliseum in Athens.
Saturday’s contest will be the first meeting between Lipscomb (4-5) and Georgia (3-4). The game is set to air on 94.9 Game 2 with the Jonathan Seamon bringing all of the action from the “Peach State”.
- Junior forward Martin Smith was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Player of the Week by both the league and College Sports Madness for his efforts against Tennessee Tech and Murray State. Smith averaged 21 points per game last week after scoring 24 points against Tech before tossing in 18 at Murray State. Both totals were game highs. Smith went 20-of-23 from the charity stripe on the week to aide his cause.
- The Bisons road warriors continue the five-game road swing on Saturday against the Bulldogs. Lipscomb squeezed in a home game against Tennessee Tech on Dec. 5 to break up a run of nine-straight contests on the road.
- Averaging 22.4 points per game over his last five games, Martin Smith has overtaken the scoring lead for the Bisons averaging 16.4 points per game. That figure ranks him second in the Atlantic Sun Conference behind USC Upstate’s Torrey Craig, who averages 18.2.
- J.C. Hampton leads all Atlantic Sun Conference freshmen with a 13.3 points per game scoring average. Hampton ranks tied for 25th nationally in freshman guard scoring.
- Through nine games this season, free-throw shooting has played a big factor in games for the Bisons. Lipscomb is 4-1 when making more attempts from the charity stripe than the opponent. The Purple and Gold are shooting 62.2 percent better from the line at this point of the season compared to 2012-13.
- The Bisons are also taking better care of the ball this season averaging 13.3 turnovers-per-game compared to 19.3 a year ago.
Up next: Lipscomb heads to Clarksville, Tenn. next Thursday night to take on long-time foe Austin Peay at 7 p.m. The game will wrap up the pre-Christmas portion of the slate for the Bisons.