|January 06, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||JU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.509 (28-55)||.431 (28-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.250 (4-16)||.382 (13-34)|
|FT Percentage||.800 (28-35)||.800 (16-20)|
HOLDER - 2
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues home Atlantic Sun action on Monday night at 5 p.m. at Jacksonville hoping to heat up from a chilly start to league play.
The contest is set to air exclusively on ESPN3 with Steve Selby and Justin Seamon calling the action. The game will also be broadcast in the midstate on 94.9 Game 2 with Jonathan Seamon, Jay Walton and Jared Revlett behind the mic.
The Bisons (5-9, 0-3 A-Sun) look to rebound from Saturday afternoon’s 78-73 loss to league co-leader North Florida. The Dolphins (5-9, 1-2 A-Sun) also fell on Saturday dropping a 73-66 decision at Northern Kentucky .
Lipscomb looks to draw even in the all-time series with a win coming into the contest trailing the Dolphins 9-8 in the 17 meetings between the two schools.
To purchase tickets visit: http://www.lipscombtickets.com or call 615-966-HERD (4373).
- As the temperature outside has cooled off, so has the shooting percentage of the Bisons. The final four games before the Christmas break saw Lipscomb shoot above 41 percent but since, the Bisons have failed to top the 40 percent mark in conference play.
- Having topped the 20-point mark in four of the last five games, junior forward Martin Smith has pulled within two-tenths of a point of the scoring lead in the Atlantic Sun Conference. Smith averages 17.7 points per contest overall to the lead the Bisons and has scored in double digits in each of the last nine games.
- Freshman guard J.C. Hampton continues to lead all A-Sun freshmen in scoring with a 13.5 points-per-game average. That figure ranks Hampton 24th nationally in scoring by freshman guards.
- Freshman guard Josh Williams has also turned into a major contributor for the Bisons having scored in double figures off the bench in six of the last seven games. The newcomer is averaging 8.4 points per game and adding 4.9 rebounds each night. In games since Dec. 1 Williams is averaging 11.3 points per game and 5.1 rebounds.
- Hitting the 70-point mark and hitting more free throws than the opponent seems to be the magic recipe so far in 2013-14. The Bisons are 5-2 when scoring 70 and also 5-2 when shooting more free throws.