|January 18, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MER||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.564 (31-55)||.345 (19-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.520 (13-25)||.353 (12-34)|
|FT Percentage||.706 (12-17)||.667 (16-24)|
COURSEY - 12
WILLIAMS - 8
WILLIAMS - 2
BUTLER - 2
COURSEY - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues home Atlantic Sun Conference action on Saturday afternoon hosting league co-leader Mercer at 4 p.m. at Allen Arena.
Featuring the top two scoring offenses in the A-Sun, the battle between the Bisons (7-11, 2-5 A-Sun) and Bears (14-5, 5-1 A-Sun) is set to air on ESPN3 and 94.9 Game 2.
Lipscomb looks to snap an eight-game skid against Mercer that dates back to 2011. The series between the two squads is tied 12-12.
To purchase tickets visit http://www.LipscombSports.com or visit the Allen Arena box office on Saturday.
- Redshirt-freshman guard J.C. Hampton led the Bisons with 22 points in Thursday night’s win over Kennesaw State. Hampton increased his scoring lead among A-Sun freshmen to 14.4 points per game. Hampton ranks 6th nationally in 3-pointers made (45) and 11th nationally in total points (263) among freshmen guards.
- After an 0-9 effort from the floor in the first half against Kennesaw State, junior forward Martin Smith rebounded with a 12-point second half to mark the 12th time in the last 13 contests that he has scored in double figures. Smith ranks atop the A-Sun scoring chart along with Torrey Craig with a 16.7 points-per-game average.
- After being named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week, freshman guard Josh Williams continued his hot play with 19 points against the Owls on Thursday night. Williams is tied with Hampton for fifth in scoring in league contests with a 15.9 points-per-game mark. Williams also ranks 10th in the nation in field goal percentage (.522) among freshmen guards.
- Close contests have been the norm for the Bisons in A-Sun play with six of the seven contests being decided by five points or less.
- The Bisons are among the nation’s best at getting to the free-throw line and firing off 3-pointers. Lipscomb ranks 6th in the nation with 449 3-point attempts, 10th in the nation with 154 made 3-pointers and 21st nationally averaging 8.6 treys per game. The Purple and Gold also rank 17th nationally with 492 free-throw tries and 29th with 339 made free throws.
- Hitting the 70-point mark and hitting more free throws than the opponent seems to be the magic recipe so far in 2013-14. The Bisons are 7-4 when scoring 70 or more and also 6-3 when shooting more free throws.