|February 01, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UNF|
|FG Percentage||.469 (23-49)||.420 (21-50)|
|3P FG Percentage||.263 (5-19)||.250 (4-16)|
|FT Percentage||.529 (9-17)||.545 (12-22)|
DENNY - 6
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team continues road action on Saturday night looking to keep the momentum going against North Florida after back-to-back Atlantic Sun Conference road wins for the first time since 2010.
Lipscomb (9-12, 4-5 A-Sun) looks to avenge a 78-73 loss to the Ospreys (12-11, 6-4 A-Sun) earlier this season that was a one-point contest with under two minutes to play. The contest is set to air on 94.9 Game 2 in the Nashville market and will also be broadcast on http://www.ASun.TV
The series between the two squads is tied 8-8 but North Florida enters the contest riding a six-game winning streak against the Bisons. The last win for Lipscomb at UNF Arena came during the 2010 season, the last time that Lipscomb took both ends of a conference road trip.
- Freshman guard Josh Williams picked up his second A-Sun Newcomer of the Week in the past three weeks after helping lead the Bisons on the road against the Norse. Williams scored 11 points off the bench and added eight rebounds in 28 minutes of action. He also led all scorers in Thursday night’s win against the Dolphins with a 27-point night, his fourth time to top 20 points this season. The newcomer is averaging a league sixth-best 15.7 points per game in league play and 12.0 points per outing overall.
- Junior forward Martin Smith returned from missing his first start in 58 games to score 15 points at Northern Kentucky. The Clarksville native ranks second in the Atlantic Sun averaging 16.2 points per game and has scored in double figures in 13 of the last 15 games.
- Lipscomb looks to continue solid road play having picked up six of the nine wins in 2013-14 on the road. The Bisons six road victories is tied with A-Sun leader Mercer for most in the league.
- Redshirt freshman point guard J.C. Hampton has been the steady hand for the Bisons this season averaging 14.3 points per game overall and 15.1 points per night in league play.
- Long distance has been a big part of the Bisons this season as Lipscomb leads the league in 3-pointers made per game at 8.9. The Bisons rank 7th nationally with 527 attempts.
- Close contests have been the norm for the Bisons in A-Sun play with seven of the 10 contests being decided by five points or less.
- Hitting the 70-point mark and hitting more free throws than the opponent seems to be the magic recipe so far in 2013-14. The Bisons are 9-4 when scoring 70 or more and also 7-4 when shooting more free throws.