|November 20, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||VU|
|FG Percentage||.333 (19-57)||.458 (27-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.250 (7-28)||.467 (7-15)|
|FT Percentage||.654 (17-26)||.611 (11-18)|
Smith - 6
- 2||BALDWIN IV
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team hits the road for the first time in 2014-15 on Thursday night taking on cross-town foe Vanderbilt at 8 p.m. at Memorial Gymnasium.
The contest is set to air on the FSN network with Pete Pranica and Sean Tuohy calling the action. The game will also be broadcast on 94.9 Game 2 with Jonathan Seamon handling the play-by-play duties.
It will be the 28th meeting all-time between the two teams with the Commodores holding a 23-4 advantage in the series that dates back to the 1930’s. Lipscomb’s lone win at Vanderbilt came in 1939 when the Bisons pulled off a 40-33 win.
- Sophomore guard Josh Williams earned his first Atlantic Sun Conference Player of the Week award on Monday after his 32-point effort against Berry. The Jackson, Mississippi native leads the Bisons in scoring averaging 22.5 points per game, a figure that ranks tied for 27th nationally overall and ninth among sophomores.
- Senior forward Martin Smith joined twin brother Malcolm as a member of the 1,000 point club at Lipscomb on Monday night. Martin became the 44th member of the exclusive list with a 3-pointer early in the first half against Belmont.
- Malcolm Smith joined the 1,000 point club in the final game of 2013-14 with a 24-point effort that saw him land exactly on 1,000. Heading into Thursday night’s contest, he trails Martin by nine points.
- Former Lipscomb standout Adnan Hodzic signed a free agent contract on Wednesday to join Aries Trikala of the Greek A1 Ehniki. Hodzic spent last season playing for Al Arabi in Qatar where he averaged 20.9 points and 10.3 rebounds per game.
- The Bisons added a pair of high school standouts during the early signing period as Garrison Mathews from Franklin, Tennessee and Eli Pepper from Princeton, Kentucky inked their National Letters of Intent.